1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

3D path - finishing pass at 90 degrees

Discussion in 'SketchUcam 'Most wanted Feature'' started by Hagrid, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Hagrid

Hagrid New Member

I notice that the generate 3D path scans in the Y direction.

It would be nice if an option was added to allow an additional finishing path scanning in the X direction - maybe something like:

Finishing Pass (drop down):
    * Y Scan
    * X Scan
    * Both
    * None

The option for None could allow for two GCode scripts to be generated for different tools:
    1st script - roughing with large cutter (no finishing pass)
    2nd script - finishing with fine cutter (maybe only a finishing pass or two)

2. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

That will be nice indeed, Hagrid, but don't hold your breath for it to happen anytime soon. The SketchUCam was done by volunteers who didn't get pay for it, as far as I know, and right now there is no member who could tackle such as task.

3. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

Yoram, Jovian is the one who designed the 3d part of SketchUcam and is still active in the forums. I do think it would be quite a while before seeing something like this though because Jovian is working on the 3d printer side of things.

4. marcomartim

marcomartim Member

While this functionality does not exist
    Nothing prevents you to create two Gcode;
    the first only for roughing and finishing second only to

Hugs

5. jovian

jovian Member

Indeed i am neck deep in the 3d printer stuff. I open sourced it for precisely the reason that if someone wanted to improve the code beyond what it does they can! Theres a lot i dont know about, particularly cnc. Code is available in the installed locations sketchup/tools or plugins. If you dont want to learn, play and contribute back to the community in this way(there are many others) then i guess you wil need to wait. Its on my todo just really down on the list atm. If you are interested in helping out here and are confused on where/how to start drop me a pm and i will help u get started. Dont want to sound mean just saying how it is with any open source project.