1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

3DMON'S Full Fuse F-22

Discussion in 'Single Wing Aircraft Plans' started by 3DMON, Sep 28, 2009.

1. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

Ok guys,
    I'm finally ready to post this.
    I am really happy with this design. Not only does it do some cool flips it does some really cool spins. I am running a conventional aileron, elevator, rudder combo on this, but it could be done in different configurations too. In some of the high alpha stuff I have both aileron's acting as spoilerons (both up about 25 deg's) programed on a switch. This helps to keep it stable in high alpha and in some of the crazy tumble moves.
    Here is a new video of it doing some of it's new moves.

I hope you guys enjoy this one.

Attached files 3DMON'S F-22 Instructions.pdf (30.2 MB)Â [​IMG] 3DMON'S Full Fuse F-22 Group 1.cnc (34.1 KB)Â 3DMON'S Full Fuse F-22 Group 2.cnc (9.9 KB)Â 3DMON'S Full Fuse F-22.skp (1.1 MB)Â F-22 Aileron Pushrod Template.pdf (7.7 KB)Â

2. FozzyTheBear

FozzyTheBear Member

AWESOME SHAUN!!!! I've been waiting to see this model posted! Thank You very much Buddy!! This is really nice construction too. You've put a lot of hours into this one and it's really appreciated.

Best Regards,
    Julian (Fozzy The Bear)

3. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

I too have been waiting for this one! Thanks :D this is one sharp looking plane.
    That's awesome you put together a build log as well :) Nice job on the design, it's very professional. I love that you added the motor and servos and built up the 3D model keeps the guess work out of what electronics are need to make this model.
    Just a heads up the link for the build instructions is not working
    Thanks again
    Mark

4. xtremeRCpilot

xtremeRCpilot Member

WOW, great job on this 3D , full fuse all the way!!! THANK YOU!! :D

John

5. Flashsolutions

Flashsolutions Active Member

Very nice! The full scale rendering in SU is excellent! I see another plane in my future...

I gotta stop this insanity one of these days. The garage is full of planes, the workshop is full, and my wife refuses to allow me to takeover the house! Where or where can I put this one? :roll:

6. rayclark

rayclark Member

Thanks for posting this. Sweet looking jet.

Link to pdf instructions appears to be broken

7. 3DMON

Sorry about the broken instruction link. It's fixed now in the first post.

8. FozzyTheBear

FozzyTheBear Member

I've just had a read through your instructions Shaun.... This is without doubt a commercial quality model with commercial quality instructions.... Astounding! I was looking for a park jet to play with. I found it!

Guess what the first thing to come off the Phlatprinter will be :D :D :D

I may power it with something with a bit less poke than that Grayson Motor.... because it's a bit too fast for me on that... But it should still fly well, going a bit slower :D so cool!!! :cool:

Best Regards,
    Julian (Fozzy The Bear)

9. KX-5

KX-5 Member

The video was awesome and what excellent flight control it has! I still can't get to the instruction file. I think my room full of saucers may still have space for this one!

10. 3DMON

Thanks Fozzy!
    I'm so happy to hear this is gonna be your first project to cut out. I can't wait.
    The slot will accept a prop 6" or smaller, so you might have to modify it if your putting a different motor on there. I would make sure you put something in there that has a good amount of thrust. Mine came out to 16 ounces ready to fly.

11. 3DMON

When I click on it worked for me. It should pop up with a window asking you to save it.

12. meistertek

meistertek Member

3dmon, Your F22 looks awsome, I especially like all the detail you included in the 3D sketchup model! The video is sweet too and really shows what the F22 can do in the air. Like the other guys here I am also having trouble with the instruction link, it doesn't seem to work on my computer. Can't wait to build this one and show it off to the guys at the field! :D

13. 3DMON

Thanks Meistertek,
    I think I got the link fixed. Would you mind letting me know if it works now.

14. meistertek

meistertek Member

3Dmon,

Cool the PDF files are now available for direct download!

15. 3DMON

Ok all fixed now.
    First post was updated with the pdf file.
    I assumed it was too large to post it because it is for rcgroups.

16. meistertek

meistertek Member

The PDF build guide is very well done and the push rod template will be very useful for getting the right angles set on the pushrods. Hope to have a F22 built soon, can't wait to fly it!

17. KX-5

KX-5 Member

I was able to get the PDF. Thanks! How do you make the plane do a flat spin?

18. 3DMON

This plane can do different kinds of spins. You will need the rudders to do them.
    One of the easiest spins is what the guys at the field call the maple seed. You go up high, cut the throttle, point the nose straight down then give right rudder, left aileron, and up elevator at the same time. This puts it right into a maple seed type of spin.
    The sort of conventional way of doing a normal upright flat spin gets the plane in that slow type of flat spin. For this you go up high, cut the throttle, point the nose down just a little, give full rudder,full elevator, and full aileron in the same direction as the rudder. Then just after it starts to spin feed some power in as you move the aileron the other direction to flatten it out. I say sort of conventional because normally you do all of that right after the plane stalls, but this plane you don't have to worry about putting it in a stall. Just play with it and you will find this plane does some interesting stuff.
    Hope this help some.

19. tvcasualty

tvcasualty New Member

Very cool Shaun! :) Me like, I'd give it a very cool paint job if I was you!

20. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

That full up elevator with rudder and aileron opposed with WOT and 45 degree clime is called the Lamchovac (SP). Been doing it for years. Love what the plane looks like when you do it. :D

21. 3DMON

I was trying to get it painted before that last video but I couldn't decide how I wanted to paint it. I want to give it something unusual...not the typical gray. I still haven't fully decided on a cool scheme but I know I want something different. I like the tiger look but I'm saving that for my newest design I'm working on. I'm thinking of some red, white, and blue.

22. tvcasualty

tvcasualty New Member

That is one of my favs to see and do as well! You should see the 109 do it, I did it for Randy and he freaked on me! I'll have to get some vid sometime...

Not to easy to see in the air, but what about a jet black setup like the original F117s?

23. 3DMON

I like the look of the black on the ground but not a fan of it in the air. I like color :D

24. FozzyTheBear

FozzyTheBear Member

I've got some Grey Depron on order I may re-cut it in that... I'm also thinking that I might not add the rudders but split the tail and put linked tailerons on like ET has onto Mark's flat foamy F22... I think that might work well. It's worth the experiment I think. Lets face it, If I crash it (which I will no doubt :lol: ) then I'll just cut another one... It's only just hitting me how easy it is to now replace airframes when you have a phlatprinter... So cool!! :D not to have to worry about crashing an airframe with huge amounts of money tied up in it. :D

Best Regards,
    Julian (Fozzy The Bear)

25. 3DMON

Sounds good Julian.
    The split elevators will work fine. Looking forward to it.