1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

A great reason to fly RC

Discussion in 'General Talk Forum' started by navionflyer, Jul 10, 2010.

1. navionflyer

navionflyer New Member

I decided to go flying with my 8 year old son after dinner tonight. I hooked up the trainer cord to my transmitter and let him fly my STC (http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=354237&highlight=stc).

While we were flying I asked him "Are you having fun?"

He replied "yeah, but the best part is I get to spend time with you."

If that doesn't put a smile on your face, you better check your pulse.

Tim

2. 7up

7up Moderator Staff Member

I know the feeling. My son is now 16 years old but the feeling never changes.

Between flying and fishing it doesn't get any better. We have great times together. :p

-Buk

3. crash5050

crash5050 Member

Hrmmm, That shed a bit of light on this whole situation. Not that I am a messy person when I take on a task, aka "Nader Dave", but I do tend to spread out like the Ponderosa. Initially my wife used to get really angry when she would walk into the living room and find pieces of airplanes glued to her coffee table. Now she just sit in there and talks to me, I know I know, but it is pretty cool. When I am on the rare occasion without a project, she manages to get me to Mark's Hobby Shop in Little Rock to obtain a new one. Not that it takes too much prodding. She even looks thru the tower hobby and the AMA avation magazines looking for a cool project. I got a good one I reckon.....

Crash60/30 as of late

4. 7up

7up Moderator Staff Member

That sounds great crash. Me and my wife have been married 21 years and all though she is also a good un' she takes exactly zero interest in my hobbies except maybe music, but definitely not RC or CNC.

5. theothers

theothers Administrator Staff Member

That's awesome Tim!

6. frankrcfc

frankrcfc New Member

That's exactly why I hang around with Brian. I had him in the hobby early on when I was working with the Nitro stuff. That faded out when I hit a really tall tree and wrecked the whole thing. My Father did all the building and repairing at the time. Then it just faded out for some years until Brian got me into the electric stuff. From there I figured this is a way to hange around him because we get a long really good. Then the podcasting stuff came around and the rest is history. I am extremely lucky to have a kid like that compared to some of my friends I know. Only bad thing about him though is, I seem to be missing motors, lipos and other odd stuff after he leaves to go home :roll:

7. Flashsolutions

Flashsolutions Active Member

My son just turned 40. I wish he would fly with me a little more often. We took the R/C sailboats out a couple months ago. I think he really enjoyed himself doing that.

My wife exclaimed the other day that she had counted 16 airplanes in the garage and wanted to know how many more I had in my shop :lol: . She does come out to watch me fly from time to time.

The hobby, like all hobbies, takes up a lot of our time. It is always great when you can include the rest of the family and yet not bore them to death. My mother-in-law now in her late 80's lives with us and is always excited to see what new planes I am building. She loves to watch me maiden the first test flights.

Our club had a 4th of July picnic and wives of us flyers all had a great time while we got to cook a few burgers and put some planes in the air.

I firmly believe that having the Phlatprinter has allowed me to stay interested in the hobby because I get to build inexpensive aircraft and fly something new all the time. Having a supportive family helps keep it going.

8. frankrcfc

frankrcfc New Member

""firmly believe that having the Phlatprinter has allowed me to stay interested in the hobby because I get to build inexpensive aircraft and fly something new all the time. Having a supportive family helps keep it going.""

You got that right Flash ;)

9. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Guyz,
    What awesome comments! :D You have to know that makes Trish and I feel like we are doing the right thing :). To hear these kinds of replies, gets us going and we thank you all for that. Being able to share ideas/concepts and work as a team with all of you has really given us a feeling of joy and accomplishment. Everyday is so fun and we really look forward to that :D
    We can't wait to see what the future holds for all of us here!
    Thank you all
    Mark and Trish