1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Actual Default Parameters

Discussion in 'SketchUcam 'Most wanted Feature'' started by MGarber, Mar 26, 2015.

1. MGarber

MGarber New Member

Its sure be nice that whatever I save as the "default" Parameters were loaded upon a New skp project.

Mike

2. swarfer

swarfer Moderator Staff Member

Thing is, if you use the Tools|Phlatboyz|Options menu to set defaults, they will indeed be used for new projects.

So if it is not working I'll need to know more about your problem so I can fix it.
    What Sketchup version?
    What windows version (or Mac?)
    What Sketchucam version? the version number is displayed on the Parameters dialog and also in the Gcode output.
    If it isn't 1.2a then please upgrade to that before doing anything else!

3. MGarber

MGarber New Member

Yes, I see that now, including the fact that Tools|Phlatboyz|Options contains all KINDs of things not in the Phlatboys Parameters tool.
    Well since this is a "Features Wanted" thread, it'd be nice for it all to have the same UI & behavior (tabbed dialog for all the info?)

Sketchucam 1.2a
    Sketchup 15.3.331 64 bit
    Windoze 7

Overall, Its really quite a marvelous plug-in. I'll be attempting to actually get something out of a Shapeoko 2/grbl fairly soon.

4. swarfer

swarfer Moderator Staff Member

and that is because they are things you set once to suite your machine and usage and then 'forget'.
    nutshell version = never gonna happen (-:
    as I said, they are things you set once and forget. things that change often are handled by the parameters dialog and tool profiles.
    however, soon I will need to add a second parameters dialog to cater for new features (-: the web dialog mechanism is really tedious to program >-:
    if you have having bugsplats from Sketchup 2015 while you work, just turn off autosave, or set it for much longer intervals.
    thankyou. new version coming soon with some enhancements just for the Shapeoko class of machine cutting harder materials, and more GRBL friendly too.
    SketchUcam has its roots in cutting foam, so these new machines are demanding new tricks.

You should watch my tips videos on Youtube, this is a good starting point