1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Aleen's Ultimate Glue Gun

Discussion in 'Foam Talk' started by 3DMON, Jul 10, 2009.

1. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

The glue gun that I won from Mark and Trish's phlatprinter table contest came in today.
    They aren't kidding, this glue gun is awesome!

This gun has a nice feel to it. It comes with 4 tips that do different things, and a whench to change them with.

The gun has two temp settings to choose from, 280 deg F and 360 deg F. After the gun reaches the right heat, the cord can be unplugged from the handle to make it cordless for up to 5 minutes (very nice feature). Another feature I found on it that's different than most other guns is the palm feed. This gives you a more solid feel when squeezing the glue out of the gun, compared to the finger trigger.
    Out of the 4 tips I found the one I like best is the tip that lays a nice thin 1/4" wide bead down. The cool thing about it is the tip can be rotated, and with this tip rotated it makes a normal style of a bead, so you have the option of either kind of bead.

From what I understand this glue gun will be available in the Phlatstore. If anyone want's an awesome glue gun, I highly recommend getting one of these.

Thanks again Mark and Trish for this awesome glue gun! Attached files [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Evil-Tunes

Evil-Tunes Moderator Staff Member

Thanks 3DMON for the cool Pictures of the beads. I have tried this gun and that tip is the best I have ever used.

Cheers
    E-T

3. Jnida63

Jnida63 Member

I just got one not too long ago and I love mine, well worth the money

4. Flashsolutions

Flashsolutions Active Member

I have one too. The flat tip is awesome. I gradually upgraded from a little tiny glue gun up to this over a period of a year or so. This is by far the top of the line. I have another battery operated glue gun that I keep in the car for field repair. I modified it to take a 2 cell LIPO and it makes a great addition to the field box. I think I got it from Harbor Freight, but it did not work worth a crap using the batteries that came with it. The LIPO brought it to life.

5. Evil-Tunes

Evil-Tunes Moderator Staff Member

I was looking at Flash's bird pictures and you can see that he has one too..

Cheers
    E-T

6. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

I had a coupon, so today I picked up one these glue guns from Micheals. It reminds me of a star trek phasor. :)

7. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

3DMon great review! thank you and thank you for the nice comments as well :)
    We are happy that you like it as much as we do.
    Kwok it does look like a phasor! lol
    Mark and Trish

8. ToxicToast

ToxicToast Down in the weeds. Staff Member

This reminds me of the builders tip I recently read...

When you reloading your glue gun, dab a bit of hot glue onto the incoming stick's end and stick it to the butt of the one already in there. This helps cleanly transition between sticks. Duh.

It gets filed under "common sense things that should be obvious but somehow never occured to me" category of my brain!

Chris.

9. kram242

Great tip Chris, thank you I have to try that one because it takes a while before the guns plunger catches the second stick so you keep having to push it in.This will be very helpful
    Thanks again
    Mark

10. 7up

7up Moderator Staff Member

That is a great tip. DUH from too, I've never thought of it, I just keep squeezing the trigger and pushing the glue stick until it catches or I push a big glob of hot glue all over my work.

11. ToxicToast

ToxicToast Down in the weeds. Staff Member

I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't know this!

12. kram242

:D sometimes the simplest of things :)
    Mark

13. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

Eh? I thought everyone hot-blobbed the new stick to the old stub, so I've never bothered to mention it.
    I guess we all think in different ways. [​IMG]

14. Spadman82

Spadman82 New Member

i have never had a glue gun good enough to tell if it was the crap gun, crap glue or well...me. i guess i am going to be forced to upgrade now so i can be in league with you all.! :lol: