1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Best way for a Canadian to get FFF?

Discussion in 'Foam Talk' started by Helno, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Helno

Helno Member

I am in Ontario and have really enjoyed working with fanfold but it is really hard to come by. The stuff I have I got from other modelers and I would like to buy a few stacks of it.

Getting it locally seems totally out of the question so I would like to know if there are better places to look for it if I travel south of the border?

2. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

I would check with Lowes. Some stores still carry it.

3. jjackson

jjackson New Member

Helno,

I bought a bale from Lowes in Ogdensburg, NY last year for somewhere around $38.00.

An hour south of Ottawa. Where in Canada are you?

-John

4. Helno

Helno Member

I am in Kincardine. I am planning a trip down to Washington DC in September so hopefully I will be able to get some at a Lowes along the way.

The Lowes in Toronto didn't have any.

5. jjackson

jjackson New Member

You need to get to a US Lowes. Buffalo for example would be closest to Toronto.

I would call first - long trip for nothing if it is not in stock.

John

6. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

I get some from the local builders supply house. Universal Supply co. Allied building products, ect... You may want to do a search in your area for building supply. Our LOWES no longer carries it here.
    Hope this helps
    Mark and Trish

7. Helno

Helno Member

8. Jnida63

Jnida63 Member

I know there is a place in Toledo Ohio that sells FFF with the plastic on both sides, still quite a shot away from where you are going

9. Jnida63

Jnida63 Member

10. jonquinn

jonquinn Member

is there any major difference in strenght/quality between the Dow BlueCor FFF (which is nearly impossible to find anymore), and the Owens Corning Pink FFF, which is easy to get at US Home Depots?
    The Pactiv stuff that is now sold at Lowes looks pretty nasty, especially with all the perforations they put in it, and the heavy plastic film.
    I guess my jeffersonian F-16 will have to get a coat of grimer spray paint primer - I can't take the though of a pink fighter jet.
    I called several places today, and no one in the western PA area carries BlueCor anymore. the Modern Builders Supply PDF catalog now lists Owens Corning too! And the one close place in Pittsburgh that Dow Blue Links phone customer service gave me said they only have OC now as well. Looks like they have some poor sales and marketing going on.

11. jjackson

jjackson New Member

I was at Lowes in Ogdensburg NY this morning - there were 10 bundles of blue FF. At least one was DOW, the others I could not see a marking the way they were piled.

John

12. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

I went to Lowes here in SoCal and they too don't have any fan fold. Neither blue nor green or pink.

13. Helno

Helno Member

Looks like the Home depot in Port huron has pink fan fold in stock. Time to pick up a bundle or three.

14. jonquinn

jonquinn Member

I was able to purchase Dow Bluecor FF at Allied Building Products - lucky there is a location in one of the Pittsburgh suburbs.