1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Big Ben

Discussion in 'Buildings' started by kram242, Jul 21, 2009.

1. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Here is the Big Ben clock
    This was created from a dxf file I found on the net.
    The bends were unique in that I thought they were suppose to be cut all the way through, but I think that was a mistake now as when I went to put it together it would just snap because I cut all the way through. I think if the code was remade to only cut say 50% on the bend links it would have worked out much better. Maybe one of you guys that want to cut this out will do that and post if it works :)
    I added tape on every bend seam so that I could quickly put it together for the pictures here and you can see how it should have not been cut though on those seams and turned out no so good.
    But all the same here it is you can mess with it and if you do change the fold lines to not cut all the way through please post here.
    Thank you
    Enjoy
    Mark

Attached files BigBen.cnc (188.1 KB)Â BigBen.skp (5.6 MB)Â [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. dquanbui

dquanbui New Member

Hello, i'm new here. can you post the dfx? I've downloaded google sketch up but can't figure how to make dxf files?

3. kram242

You need the pro-version of Sketchup for the DXF export option.
    Mark

4. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

Hold on there, Mark, there is a ruby script that does it. I'll have to look which on it is and where it came from, but I think I saw it mentioned here on this forum and then I went and got it.

I just saw that Kwok posted in another thread the link to the script. Here it is again. viewtopic.php?f=103&t=577&p=5471

5. kram242

whoops you are right Yoram, and you know I think I was the guy that posted that :D Sorry about that dquanbui :oops:
    Thanks Yoram
    Mark