1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

boredom and beer....

Discussion in 'General Phlatprinter Stuff' started by rjarois, Jan 20, 2010.

1. rjarois

rjarois Moderator Staff Member

OK fellas let me start by saying i really never get bored...since im waitin on my z-axis chip, i got kinda board today...with my job search seemingly to be going nowhere, i decided to run down to the corner beer store...wile swigging away some beer, i figured i had 2 machine axis to play with. at first i was oiling it up, then decided to run some axis calibrations...it was spot on as expected, and then decided to play with the motor tuning....all i can say is omg, this thing can move!!! i set the acceleration to 300, to match my rapid value...it shocked the monkey....the printer was flying, like i have never seen before. i set to 300ipm and 500 on the acceleration...let me just say i seen it move were it was gonna throw off the stand, lols....man i was amazed...i set back to 300ipm and 300 on the acceleration. if i figured it was quick before...well all i can say is i have just started to tweak....peace, randy.

2. meistertek

meistertek Member

Are you saying that matching your acceleration and velocity values makes stuff way faster? I never thought of matching them, maybe you are on to something.

3. rjarois

rjarois Moderator Staff Member

meistertek, yea i just was messin...i know diddly about electrical stuff..i was always afraid to mess with much, because of my ignorance...man that really makes the phlatty go. all i know is the 300ipm with 20 acceleration looks way slower than 300ipm with 300 acceleration, like night and day. i burnt up my z-axis chip a few weeks back by plowing down on one of my key tags, so im waitin for that. i was just messin with the other 2 axis, and just stumbled onto it, lols. randy.

4. 7up

7up Moderator Staff Member

I thought beer slowed everything down :lol:

Sounds like you had a fun day Randy, wish I could have joined you.