1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

bug problem in line cut

Discussion in 'General Talk Forum' started by scott geisler, Feb 8, 2016.

1. scott geisler

scott geisler New Member

Yes im having a problem with the line cut if i u cut in multilayers it leaves part of the cut and not let it cut all the way through .
    Any ideas what's causing this

Attached Files:

2. swarfer

swarfer Moderator Staff Member

please post the sketchup file and the gcode file you used.

3. scott geisler

scott geisler New Member

Ok take a look this.
    It does this on all my part if u use the layering then cut a line it will leave a small part that it did not cut out

Attached Files:

4. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

I saw that you have your cut depth set to 100%. It looks like the problem is because of the ramping. Maybe if you set your cut depth to 102%, or so, it will cut that part all the way through too. Just a thought.

5. swarfer

that code simulates perfectly in OpenSCAM, nothing wrong with it at all that I can see. I'll try it in some other software just now, have to fire up the laptop for that.

I see you are using table top as z-zero, and relatively thin material.

if you want to cut down to the table surface without marking it then you have to set the Z zero height very precisely,
    AND have the table absolutely flat
    AND hold the material down absolutely flat.

are you using vacuum hold down? if not, you probably need it, thin boards are 'always' bent and very hard to hold down in the middle.
    easy to make out of a bit of 1/2 inch MDF, since vacuum actually pulls through the mdf. just cut a bunch of connected slots on one side, paint the edges to seal them, connect the shop vac, and put the slots DOWN onto the table. it will suck the workpiece down on the other side if you cover all exposed parts with plastic sheet so the suck is concentrated on the workpiece. you must surface the vacuum table before using it, and clamp it so it does not move, the moment it moves it is no longer flat.

otherwise, increase the overcut % so it cuts through reliably. this will cut into your table, so maybe add a waste board (a FLAT one!).

I see are using inside cuts on those small holes, which makes for 2 things, very short arc segments and straight down plunge cuts which your tiny cutter may not be enjoying at all.
    if you convert those holes to plunge hole cuts, they will be ramped in as a helical arc with no plunge at all (so long as ramping is on).

there is a small chance your Z is missing steps, but that would happen randomly rather than always in the same place on the workpiece.

6. swarfer

nope, no problem in 2 other simulators.