1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Bushing Mod?

Discussion in 'Original Phlatprinter MODIFICATIONS' started by 7up, Feb 26, 2009.

1. 7up

7up Moderator Staff Member

Maybe I've over looked it but can someone please post the Lowes part number (and a link to the thread) of the bushings that are replacing the pex pipe on the stock Premium kit? That would really save me some time at Lowes.

Thanks

2. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

I got mine from McMaster Carr for the stock 7/16" rod:
    Part# 6338K466 SAE 841 BRONZE FLANGED-SLEEVE BEARING, FOR 7/16" SHAFT DIAMETER, 5/8" OD, 3/4" LENGTH ($1.43EA)

Lowes may have it, but I noticed they aren't well stocked on lots of the hardware bits, even when they carry it. Also, if you are doing this because of the belt drive mod, you might consider also upgrading the rod to a 1/2" ( higher quality ground rod). And that you can't get from lowes.

-Kwok

3. rcav8r

rcav8r Moderator Staff Member

Yep , I got mine from McMaster Carr also. My Lowes, Home Depot, or local hardware store didn't have anything close.

FWIW, I know there are variances in the cabinet and various bits, but I ended up not using the bushings on my Y axis as the pex pipe fit perfect, where the bushings were way too tight. I'm sure I could have adjusted accordingly to use the bushings, but for now I'm happy with the Y-axis.
    I am using the bushings on the Z axis.

4. 7up

Does this McMaster Carr sell online?

5. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

Yes, I purchased online. Here is the page with the bushings:
    http://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/115/1120/=rw75w

The only thing that might bug you is, you don't know the postage charge when you pay. And it's not in the order acknowledgment you get right away. I got the real invoice 3 days later, but they were so quick with the basic ups ground shipping, I already received it with a hard copy. Shipping was very reasonable. They charged me $4.50, which was for a medium size box with 14 bushings in it. This was from New Jersey to Maryland.

-Kwok

6. 7up

Thanks Kwok, I really appreciate your help.

Thanks rcav8r, I will try the pex pipe first and see how that works out.