1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

BUSTED!

Discussion in 'General Talk Forum' started by kram242, Dec 1, 2011.

1. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Well guyz, got my first speeding ticket from the camera tree in the mail today!
    $85 bucks with one day to mail it or you have to go to court arrrrggg
    I really don't remember doing it but you can go d/load a video of it and see the crime in action. :) I just had to post it, I was so busted.
    They are putting these traps up every where now so I better get some of this stuff (or quit running lights) :D
    http://www.phantomplate.com/photoblocker.html

Video

If you can't view the video just click on the BUSTED.wmv link under it to download it. Attached files BUSTED.wmv (2.5 MB)Â

2. Evil-Tunes

Evil-Tunes Moderator Staff Member

I was busted Also last year running a 3 way intersection right on red and not stopping or slowing down for that matter. LOL :tease:
    It's hard to get out of a ticket when they show you video proof......
    [​IMG]

Cheers
    Glen

3. rcav8r

rcav8r Moderator Staff Member

They don't have these around here....yet.
    They have these all over Europe, and have had for years. My boss from Germany loves to drive over here as he doesn't have to worry about the cameras. :roll:

Actually when we were in England/Whales a few years back, I was so paranoid about the cameras... Being across the pond I assumed everything was in metric.. they were selling gas (diesel actually, gas stations were REALLY hard to find)by the liter, so I assumed the speed limits were in Metric... EVERYONE was passing me like I was standing still. I mean EVERYONE. When we first got on the M something another it was in Liverpool, so I assumed the posted 55 was KPH, not MPH as it was in a congested area. Eventually as we got out of town, and it was still 55 with EVERYONE still passing me at an alarming rate; then it dawned on me... Duhhhhh... The English would use the English measurements....
    I can honestly say though when I finally went 55 it seemed like EVERYONE was doing the same. I think maybe only one person passed me, and slowly at that. Can't say the same here. I only go 5 MPH over the speed limit, and at times I feel like I'm going 70 KmPH not MPH.

I did confirm this by asking one of the locals. I also found out that they only had cameras in about 1 in 10-15 of the VERY well marked camera boxes... Of course I didn't take any chances.

Mark, better go the speed limit, or not run red lights ( video showed what looked like a CRV running a light) A LOT safer, and the mythbusters showed that you ca't out smart the traffic cameras. :D

4. Tweakie

Tweakie Member

Bad boys !

A lot of areas in the UK, such as the motorways, now have 'average speed cameras'. These use 'number plate recognition' (license plate) and a computer system to time any vehicle between successive cameras. It always makes me smile when I see people slowing down to pass the overhead camera then speeding up again afterwards - they have no idea what average speed means.
    In my area, these camera systems generate a lot of revenue in fines (there must be something wrong with our education system for us to not understand 'average') :lol:

Tweakie.

5. kram242

Looks like Google recently bought up three of the major face reconciliation software as well as licencing the rights for all Facebook and pica pictures to be included in searches on top of all the pictures posted 'normally' through websites blogs etc. It wont be long before if you search a person even if they are in a crowd not necessarily related to the search at all it will bring them up.It will also be able to build a network far beyond your Facebook friends human network, simply by association averaging. It also wont be long before this is used in situations like this as well using traffic cams to build of database of your daily travels (and new routes). So next time your sitting at a light take a look around there is usually a camera up there looking down on you. It seems like a great idea for things like the Amber alert systems and I realize that if your doing the right thing you don't have to worry about it. But what happens when the (right thing) is no longer right. Those who have this kind of power seem obsessed with knowing everything about everyone. I ask what you would do if some creep was following you around photographing you and your family and writing down all your moves? Combine this with plastic card transfers where all your purchase information is known as well as any medical information etc etc on and on collecting all this data on your family like they are casing a joint. You would call the police or approach them. Try doing this today :nervous: When did we give up these rights to personal privacy? It seems to have been a slowly eroding push that has now reached a generation who will accept it all and more as the norm. Its been said paranoia is just reality on a finer scale.
    Now where did I put that tinfoil hat?! :spiteful:

Not really related but I did not know this and thought it was very interesting
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Printer_steganography

http://w2.eff.org/Privacy/printers/docucolor/

6. Tweakie

Tweakie Member

Don't forget that our mobile phones, when switched on, can be used to record our locations, movements and times.

Thanks for the link on printer page steg. I have just spent 1/2 hour with a microscope going over every mm of my Cannon printout - no dots. :D

Tweakie.

7. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

Just to add to the paranoia, there was news yesterday that all smartphone collect all the data that you input on you phone, like numbers dialed, text messages sent and webpages visited, and send it to the carrier. Of course it's called... CarrierIQ!!! :girl_cray2:

8. rcav8r

Yea, there was a "Scare" like this w/ Apple devices about a year ago... Quieted down before too long.
    I've been using a smart phone for about 2 years now.. Not that I'm paranoid, but I went in just assuming my every move (physically, virtually) was being tracked.
    I'm on Android, and just about every app you use for the first time/download warns you, at great length sometimes, that you can be tracked....

9. kram242

10. rcav8r

So you have your own paper now :D
    No wonder why all the printed papers are going by the wayside... The Carews are too much for them to handle :D

11. kram242

Actually that is supposed to be all of us Phlatboyz paper. It was supposed to show all the stuff the Phlatboyz tweet and it does show most, but it also goes on and grabs other stuff as well that's not really rc/diy related.
    Still pretty cool though as some really neat stuff shows up there sometimes especially some of the cool planes Phlatboyz are building and flying :good:
    Mark and Trish

12. foamlvr

foamlvr Member

What he said.