1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Center Line Tool (CenterLine)

Discussion in 'SketchUcam Bugs' started by TigerPilot, Aug 1, 2011.

1. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if this will ever be addressed but I found two snags with the CenterLine Tool.

1. As I mentioned in another thread, if you mark a circle with the CenterLine tool it will not use the arc command when generating the g-code
    2. When you cut a circle with the CenterLine Tool code it will cut CCW (counter clock wise) where as the InsideCut Tool or the OutsideCut Tool will cut CW

2. ToxicToast

ToxicToast Down in the weeds. Staff Member

I'm still trying to find a solution for this as well. I needed a center line cut to reverse its direction and no matter what I tried, I couldn't achieve results. Would be great to be able to flip a centerline's cut direction in the phlatscript.

3. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

Just a crazy idea, ToxicToast, but did you try to flip the center line on the red axis, or the green axis, for that matter? I don't know if it will work but it makes the regular cut lines go banana so maybe it will work.

4. ToxicToast

I tried it, as well as a multitude of other trick attempts. I think the problem is when the gcode is generated, its evaluating the entities with the center line cut component type and defining it on that basis.If I remember right, I even manually tried to rotate a cut path 180 degrees. When I pushed the generate g-code button, it all came out the same.

Been a while since I tried hacking it, though.

5. 7up

7up Moderator Staff Member

TT it should generate the cut path in the same direction that you draw your line, that is if things are working right. I have not tried with SUCam.

6. RJGritter

RJGritter New Member

Did anyone ever find a fix/workaround/hack for this? I'm fighting the same problem right now, the rough cuts are driving me insane.

7. ToxicToast

I never did, RJ. I did end up reversing the code manually (notepad) which was easy in this case b/c it was a simple line. Not so easy with more complex code.

8. ToxicToast

One option you might consider- output the code for that one cut only as a separate g-code by toggling off the flag for the "Overhead Gantry". Run that code after all your primary code is run.

Give that a shot and please post your results.

TT