1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Control rpm of a brushless motor for cnc

Discussion in 'General Phlatprinter Stuff' started by 3DMON, Jul 29, 2011.

1. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

This looks really cool. This device will let you control the rpm of a brushless esc in Mach or EM2. I'm not sure yet if it will work with the Planet-cnc board. It looks like they are a new company located in Canada.
    http://www.logicnc.com/rcnc.html

2. rcav8r

rcav8r Moderator Staff Member

That looks really cool and promising. Looks like they are coming out with a spindle too.

I don't think the current version will work with the Planet-CNC board as the dongle is parallel.

3. 7up

7up Moderator Staff Member

Lots of possibilities for cheap spindles. Cool find! :good:

4. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

It may be only me but I find it easier to control everything with the keyboard. With the mouse you always have to find it's position first, if it's a optical mouse you have to wake it up first, you have to stand in-front of the monitor or you have to be coordinated to work the mouse from the side of the monitor (I do it some times but it's kind of not intuitive). I would rather go with a servo controller. They are about $3 shipped from China and I have an instant a positive control. By the time I got the speed changed in Mach3 (or EMC) I have the spindle already controlled and running with the servo controller.

Just my :02cents:

5. Kroko

Kroko Member

PlanetCNC users already have this integrated in their controller :dance3:

It is still beta and I only tested it with servo motor. I plan to fully test this with ECS and brushless motor before I'll publish next software version.

Check "Settings/tab Outputs/Use RC Controller" and pin assigned for speed will produce servo compatible signal. Be aware, that you can not use same 5V to power servo motor and controller. Voltage drop can cause controller to reset. Using separate power for servo works fine. Like I said - I didn't try with ESC and BEC.

6. Kroko

Kroko Member

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough - this in only in BETA version of software. You can get it on my web site.

And if somebody is willing to test this it will save me some time.

7. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

Awesome Andrej!