1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Copy problem

Discussion in 'Sketchup Help' started by iflyos, Aug 19, 2009.

1. iflyos

iflyos Member

If I have drawn a wing, and already applied fold lines, outside and inside cuts, and tabs, and made it a group, is there any way to copy the whole thing and move it? When I click to select, and get the whole drawing highlighted blue, and go to move it, the fold lines don't move with it...

Do I just have to draw the fold lines again, or am I missing something simple?

Tim
    AG4RZ

2. iflyos

iflyos Member

Well, if I explode it, and then add the folds to the selected wing, they all move...maybe that's the way it has to be done...

Tim
    AG4RZ

3. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

Tim, all the lines should move. As an example, try it out with the surfer dude 3d model:
    viewtopic.php?f=37&t=937
    To copy you can do (copy/paste) or (use the move tool and press the Ctrl key). I normally use the move tool to copy, because you can pick the reference point and place it exactly.

-Kwok

4. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

Just like Kwok said to copy and move. But it also sounds like the fold lines weren't included in your original group. Try dragging the select tool from the right to the left. It will show a dotted selection box instead of a solid one. This selects anything the box comes in contact with.

5. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

Yes, it could be possible that those fold lines were never part of the group. Tim, do you know about right clicking the group and using "edit group" when working with parts that are already a group. That way anything you add, will remain inside the group. Possibly your fold lines were added after you grouped. In that case; you can just explode, like you did, and regroup everything again.

-Kwok

6. 7up

7up Moderator Staff Member

That happens Tim, triple clicking will select everything except fold lines so either pull a selection box around everything or triple click the part then hold shift and click the fold lines to add them to your selection then group.