1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

corners are not square

Discussion in 'SketchUcam Bugs' started by scott geisler, Feb 27, 2016.

1. scott geisler

scott geisler New Member

ok looking for a little help when I cut a part with sharp edges when the machine is cutting from left to right the corner on the left is good but when it goes back around on the right corner round it off then it's reversed on the opposite side if anybody has an idea what's causing this let me know.

Attached Files:

2. swarfer

swarfer Moderator Staff Member

this is not a Gcode bug, but rather a machine fault.
    what machine is it? what controller?

some ideas:
    loose pulleys, the grub screws tend to work loose, check them often.

machine all tight, belts tight etc?

cut direction. in Sketchucam tick (or untick) the 'use overhead gantry' option and test. if it now does it on the 'other' corner, then maybe you need to adjust the power to the motors. what drivers at what voltage and current are you using? what microstepping?

looks like the bit might be dragging itself around the corner, either overriding the motors (or just flexing the mechanics) during the deceleration/acceleration. near the corner. more power to the motors to stop this is easy, just reduce the microstepping and recalibrate GRBL, if that is what you are using. more microsteps = less power. more volts = more power. if you are not running at least 24 volts, then you should be, stepper motors just love more volts (but current limited by the driver!). run about 80% of the max rating of the driver chips.

what happens if you reduce the acceleration rate?

3. scott geisler

scott geisler New Member

I kind of thought the same thing. Maybe loose pulleys and cables but that appears not to be the problem because I run have run it on several different programs like Bobcam. And I can the difference. it will make some corners Square and some corners round. I sure would love to get this figured out because I really love using this program it's fast and easy and not complicated.
    If you like I can send you both to compare. It sure looks to me its in the gcode

4. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

My good man, listen to swarfer!!! He know his stuff!!! It's not the g-code, it's the machine! Once you'll find the loose connection you'll hit yourself on the head like this ( :banghead: ), believe me. :):)

Been there, done it, bought the T-shirt.:(

But...just to be on the safe side, why don't you post the 'offending' g-code and let someone else try it. We'll see then if we can get to the bottom of it.

5. swarfer

swarfer Moderator Staff Member

yes, please post the files.