1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Dashed lines

Discussion in 'Sketchup Help' started by Flashsolutions, May 13, 2009.

1. Flashsolutions

Flashsolutions Active Member

Is it me or do other people have problems with Sketchup changing the lines to dashed lines which are hard to see?

The only way I have found to restore them is to exit Sketchup and open a new instance. Then the lines are fine again.

I have never been able to tell just what causes it. Sometimes just moving an object around does it but it most often seems to happen if I am zoomed in pretty close to an object.

Sometimes it does it does this while I am zooming in on something. There seems to be no rhyme or reason.

2. Jnida63

Jnida63 Member

try view- hidden geometry, something had a bunch of those hidden lines that were dashes and it fixed it for me

3. Flashsolutions

Nope, just did it again and so I tried that but it does not fix the problem. Only will go away when I close and restart SU.

Attached files [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

That's a strange one Flash, I have searched the net and can not find a thing about it.
    Do you have hardware acceleration turned on in your preferences? I am thinking that its a video card issue. Could be the reverse picker setting under the video settings as well. Give those a try and let us know
    Mark

5. Flashsolutions

I think you are correct. I turned off hardware acceleration and so far, I am not seeing this problem any more.

Dang, I wish I had asked about this sooner. I have been fighting this forever! It was getting so frustrating having to close down SU all the time.

I thought I had tried everything.

Keeping my fingers crossed.....

6. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Good to hear that worked out for you, you know I just got a new geforce video card and I had to turn on hardware accel. So I suppose it just depends on what type of card you have.
    Mark