1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

EMC2 settings??

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Build Support' started by kneedrag, Jan 6, 2011.

1. kneedrag

kneedrag Member

Hi all,

Busy doing my head in here. Most probally from lack of sleep. I have managed to get my Y and Z axis dialed in with EMC. Most probally purely by luck however my X axis is doing my head in.

Do any of you know of the correct method to calibrate EMC2 except via random guesses at higher or lower numbers.

I am now at the point of doing the evil winblows in a VM route and asking Mark and Trish to sell me a USB board. I like EMC but right now I think it is causing me gray hair.

Don't have to give me the exact numbers just point me in the direction of some instructions on how to calculate/figure them out.

2. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Hi kneedrag,
    I am not sure about the EMC2 setup but there are guys on past machines who have figured out how to calculate the numbers need to calibrate the axis.
    Check out some of these threads I think the one with IFLYOS looks promising.
    I know this question as surfaced in the past so I am sure the answer is in there.
    viewforum.php?f=131
    Hope this helps
    Thank you
    Mark and Trish

3. kneedrag

kneedrag Member

Thanks, but already read them threads end to end. I am sure I am doing something stupid so I have place an order for the USB board. Will pull the MK1 out again in the mean time.

Will most probably come to me at 2am one random morning about how stupid I was.

Now to see if I can fit two Phlats into my workshop or will I have to rearrange the house tonight.

4. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

Your gonna love the cncusb board and software.
    So you know the Universal Phlatprinter stand I designed will fit a MK1 on the bottom if a shelf is added. I just added a pic of what it looks like with both on there.

http://www.phlatforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=267&t=2440

5. kneedrag

kneedrag Member

Stand looks like a nice one. In the mean time I will most probably see if I can mount it on my workbench where my planes currently rest. I have been meaning to find a better place for them for a while so now is a good a time as any I suppose.

Yeah looking at everyone's comments and feed back on the USBCNC software I am kinda sorry I did not tick the box when I did the initial purchase. But stubborn old me looked and went ugg winblows not happening will stay with EMC.

My accounting package is already in a VM as it is also a Winblows app so will bang it in with that one until I find a cheap 2nd hand netbook locally I think.

Do you detect the hate I have for M$...

6. marcomartim

marcomartim Member

Sorry to resurrect this topic. If you can help, article in Portuguese (with pictures)
    A great article written by colleague Alebe ( Alexandre Nicolai) which besides professional musician, is also a great connoisseur of cnc.

http://blog.guiacnc.com.br/?p=147

Hugs.