1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Error:wrong number of arguments(2 for 1)Error Loading File

Discussion in 'SketchUcam Bugs' started by crocodile, Oct 8, 2011.

1. crocodile

crocodile New Member

Hi Guys & Gals,

I am a newby to your forum & have a dinosaur for a computer. Running Windows 2000 & SketchUpFree 6.4.112.

The Sketchup site says this is the best & newest version which runs under win2000. I loaded the SketchUcam - SketchUcam_V1 (even though it says for sketchup 7) and I get the following when loading up sketchup.

wrong number of arguments(2 for 1)Error Loading File
    phlatboyztools.rb
    wrong number of arguments(2 for 1)

Haven't tried to generate any G-Code yet, so not sure if the error message is really warning me of a problem. Is there an older version of the script which works better with my older version of sketchup? I have PhlatScript Install_V924 file downloaded, but thought I should ask here in the forum first and hope someone out there is smarter than I am before starting to mess around with things.

Your help and suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks to All !!

2. 7up

7up Moderator Staff Member

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

Make sure that the phlatboyztools.rb (file) and the Phlatboyz (folder) are in the Program FilesGoogleGoogle SketchUp 6Tools folder, if you used the default settings during your SU installation.

3. crocodile

crocodile New Member

Thanks for the reply Buk. I checked the setup (which is indeed a default setup) and yes the phlatboyztools.rb exists as a file (size 1002 bytes) in the tools folder. There is also a folder within the tools directory named "Phlatboyz" containing 31 files & 4 sub-folders.

I tried to use the G-Code generator script last night and I can get the Parameters window open, but I get some errors when I attempt to make changes to the default settings. Also tried to pick some lines with the inside cut & outside cut tools, but they didn't seem to work. Then tried to generate g-code but no actions happened (probably cuz couldn't get any lines selected to cut).

4. 7up

Hmmm... maybe their is an issue with Sketchucam and SU6? I'm not aware of anyone else who has tried it with SU6.

I believe that SU7 would run fine on your machine, I use it under WinXP with no issues. Maybe do an uninstall of V6 and install V7 and see how that works for you?

5. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

I agree Buk this would be the first thing that I would try as well
    Mark and Trish

6. crocodile

crocodile New Member

Thanks for the info.
    The Sketchup site says:
    Google SketchUp 7 and higher takes advantage of User Interface (UI) standards that aren't available in Windows 2000. As such, Google SketchUp 7 doesn't support Windows 2000.

Guess that means I have to get something which has enough horsepower to run XP. I am gonna look around to see if I can get a lease return computer which has winXP (for around $150 I hope) then should be able to run SU7 or SU8.

Thanks for all the help!

7. 7up

Wow, I did not know that about SU and Win 2000. Thanks for the new info.

8. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

I did not know that either, thank you
    Mark and Trish