1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Evil Tunes Build

Discussion in 'Phlatprinter MKII BUILD LOGS' started by Evil-Tunes, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Evil-Tunes

Evil-Tunes Moderator Staff Member

Howdy, :geek:

I received my 3 Brown Boxes Today and I wanted to start a log about my MKII.
    Well this is not going to be a build log as I think Crash Did it well enough. viewtopic.php?f=135&t=894 I will be going over his build log many times before I am done.
    This log will be more Reference for me and others as I build my MKII. :p

I am going to try and get away with out using a keyboard and mouse by adding a Touch Screen and a usb keypad
    I will be adding a Relay for rotozip and a Lamp on/off
    I would Like to Paint this MKII
    Here is my MKI torn apart to do the 1.5 mod
    This will prob. be on hold Mabey indef.

And possible other mod's :ugeek:

Cheers
    E-T Attached files [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Evil-Tunes

Well I'm not ready to start the build as I was waiting for the boxes from Mr. Brown This is some of the stuff in the way. Now that I cleared some room I can start watching the build log. I suggest that any or every one split the build log up in to segements. Kyyu has set up a batch file to do this here. viewtopic.php?f=140&t=920
    This will help out greatly. Thanks Kyyu. :D Attached files [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. theothers

theothers Administrator Staff Member

Hello Glen. Well, I tried to resist posting in your thread so we can keep it nice and clean but it was no use. I just had to let you know that we can not wait until your Phlatprinter is up and running with all of your additions, especially the touch screen. Too cool. Don't rush on our account though. Take your time and enjoy the build. We're excited to see your paint job as well. There are so many possibilities and different paint configurations. It's going to be really cool to see what everyone does.

Looking forward to your posts.

Mark and Trish

4. Evil-Tunes

Thank's Mark and Trish

Feel free to post anytime

I just got the MKII touch up and going. Not sure about typeing with this onscreen key board :? It is on the slowside so I might have to plug the keyboard intill i get the pp up and running. ;)

cheers E-T Attached files [​IMG]

5. tvcasualty

tvcasualty New Member

Hey nice plane stand ET!

6. Evil-Tunes

LOL thanks it's the stackible one :mrgreen:

Cheers E-T

7. Evil-Tunes

Went to the LHS hardware that is to get some glue and clamps. :p

I started the WMP and I was asked to get.

I opened all the boxes and WOW there is alot of little parts to this one. :eek:

Back to the build :mrgreen:

Cheers

8. Evil-Tunes

I decided to sort out just the little pieces in tenths. 01-20-30-50 piles are the biggest. I might have to sort the larger one but I will wait and see.

Cheers
    E-T Attached files [​IMG]

9. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

E-T, That's a very scary photo!
    Then again, Crash got his built, so you should do just fine! ;)
    :eek:
    :lol:

10. Evil-Tunes

I did a dry fit of the z gantry last night...it went smooth :mrgreen: Mark and Trish did a wounderful job on the video build. Hats off....... :D

Cheers
    E-T

11. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks ET, I am working on an addition to the video as well. I need to add the final MKII settings that I use as a basic format that others can start from. I think I will upload it to motion box for the guys who already received their disc and them add them to all new outgoing disc.
    Mark

12. Evil-Tunes

OK I did some building and glued up the Y/Z gantry and it went very smooth :mrgreen:

In the background you can see I was watching the Silver surfer before the TREE incendent

I also built the Drawer and let it dry overnight. "Not good as a monitor stand" lol :mrgreen:
    Attached files [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. Evil-Tunes

The Cabinet went together smoothly till the last piece. :?

The last piece was cut wrong from the factory :roll: I PM'd Mark and Trish and a new one is on it's way.
    Instead of waiting for it. :idea: I sanded it down and Installed it. It was not a Structural piece.

I took me like 2 min to sand it down and you cant tell that I even did it. :D Attached files [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. Evil-Tunes

Now on to the I-Beam

Ok I had some Trouble on this one. I am using Titebond Original wood glue on this Project.
    This Stuff Dries fast. I put the whole thing together and clamped one side while I built the other side just like the video. When I went to put the one end cap on I was having some problems. The end was off a bit and I couldn't slide it to where I wanted. :x Then I pulled it apart it and the center piece cracked some. No big deal I just reglued it In the rite spot this time and threw on some clamps.

I think I am going to let this Dry for a little while. ;) I might even let it sit over night.

Cheers

15. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

I had the same problem with that piece (part #88) and also fixed it by widdling/sanding the excess off. There are some pictures in my build log and my thoughts. I pmed iflyos (Tim) about his, and he said his was fine. Originally, I was sure their code was messed up. But then assume, it was just mine. Now with yours, like this too, I can only assume their code really is off there. The strange thing is they should have cut Tim's, between yours and mine? That would mean possibly there are two different copies of the cut files they are using.

I know what you mean. I told, Mark, the gluing was very stressful. Like you are taking a timed test. At the very end of the stand, there was one leg part that just didn't quite sit flat. I knew I should have sanded that particular tab, more. Close enough, it didn't really effect anything. But I am still there banging it with a hammer and scrap wood. I finally gave up on it as the wood was getting beat up. Put some extra glue there and put the next piece on. ;)

-Kwok

16. rjarois

rjarois Moderator Staff Member

glen looks great man !!i see you got a lil ghetto in ya using the dell monitor for a weight....makes me proud man, lols. keep up the nice build...lookin good. randy.

17. Evil-Tunes

Yes Kyyu,

I talked to Mark about It and we think the Problem is that the piece #88 is slipping on the vacuum box that holds down the parts while the CNC is running. I think that is also why some of my parts have masking tape on them. Also I think these first few MKII's were rushed some by the Manufactor. :? It's no problem for me and I'm sure these things will be fixed ASAP by the Manufactor of the CNC'd wood parts.

Cheers

E-T

18. Evil-Tunes

Thanks Randy,

Well I guess theres alot of monkey in me also. :ugeek: :lol: :ugeek: that is all the Clamps that I own. :shock: I should go out and get some more. It was too late to go out in the barn to get a few racket straps. On the MKI build I borrowed some pipe clamps. :roll: I will use what ever I can to get the job done sometimes.

Cheers
    E-T

19. Evil-Tunes

ok I got a little more done today before I go ON VACATION. :D
    Stepper motors in

again using the monkey clamp LOL to hold the side piece on. :mrgreen:

More when I get back from Myrtle Beach

Cheers
    E- T Attached files [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. rjarois

rjarois Moderator Staff Member

man glen, ya gettin alot of use outta the monkey clamp... :D :D :D

21. Evil-Tunes

I had to take a break on the build to visit my inlaws in Myrtle Beach for a week. I got the itch to fly :mrgreen: I said to myself it would be cool to fly off the beach after looking at Fozzy's Build OR 10 impossible things to do before breakfast http://www.phlatforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=106&t=1040. What a beautiful Place to fly Fozzy has. :)

Also my favorite flying video of all time is at the beach.
    Thread is http://www.phlatforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=860

I hit the LHS "Ed's hobby's"http://www.edshobby.com/ I picked up a Park Zone J-3 cub Brushless RTF 1 extra batt 2 extra props " I like to do T&G with this Cub"
    [​IMG]
    I wish I had a beach experience like the video. :D Not that mine was bad.....I did not have anyone to video for me, as it was 1 impossible thing for me to do before breakfast . Sorry no pictures....When I went to the beach at 7:00 in the morning there was a steady amount of walkers along the beach. There was way to many peeps for a maiden flight and no spotter. I left and went to a large abandoned parking lot for the maiden. This plane flys good out of the box. The only thing I did on the ARF build was to put the cortroll rods on the closest hole for the most throw. The RX even has Duel Rates :mrgreen: After trimming out the cub and a few T&G's I went back to the beach.

At the beach there was a few less people this time and I felt more comfortable with the cub. 1 quick toss and I was up and over the Atlantic Ocean. :mrgreen: :D :mrgreen: The air was still and the Cub flew great. I wish I had my glider with me, as I was getting some good lift off the Hotels. I did a couple of sandy landings. I saw a break in the walkers and ran to the waters edge to the hard packed sand to get a quick take off turn around and try to Touch & Go . Take off was ok. No luck on the T & G hit the soft sand and flipped it over onto the top of the wing. :x It was hard because I had the Sun at my back so the T & G was straight at me not to mention trying to keep the Cub dry. LOL I had one more chance to try it after a few more people walked by and OK take off but, up and over again in the sand. I was having a hard time getting close to the water to hit the packed sand . All & All it was a great experience and I will give it a try tomarrow morning again if I Can.

Cheers

E-T

22. iflyos

iflyos Member

Glen, I have flown many times at Myrtle and spots further north....nothing quite like an early morning flight (or 10) before breakfast! Course, after the wind picks up, it's time to pack the planes away, and break out the stunt kites...Till dark, and then night fly on the beach!!!

Tim
    AG4RZ

23. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Glen that sounds like a lot of fun!
    I need to try some beach flying :)
    Mark

24. Evil-Tunes

Mark asked if I had any pictures of me flying at the beach so here they are :arrow:

Thursday morning I hit the beach again. :mrgreen: This time with camera but no spotter.There were a lot less people walking the beach today. This is also the landing area trying to keep the sun at my back. I was getting some good lift off those buildings
    It was nice when the sun was in the clouds. This is 7:00 am and 90 deg. F The plane flew great and I got Three T & G's off this wet spot that packed the sand some. It was hard because I didn't know if any one was behind me and with the Sun glaring at me from my left... :?I missed the T & G and had a regular landing :lol: The sand was bad and got on every thing. :eek:Everything was going good till this guy decided to put up a Cabana. :roll: Mine you it's 7:15 in the morning :roll:the tide was comming in as to Why I could not land near the waters edge. :cry: I did how ever get a few Take offs from here.This was dangerly close. :lol: I had a fun time flying on the beach.

Sorry to go off topic. :p I am home now and going to get some more done on the build.
    Cheers
    E-T Attached files [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

25. GREEN1277

GREEN1277 New Member

Looking good Glen keep up the great updates on the build. Cant wait to put it to work for you. ;) LOL