1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Extra cutting line when ramping is activated

Discussion in 'SketchUcam Help' started by pluto321, May 9, 2015.

1. pluto321

pluto321 New Member

ramping prob..jpg Plut321
    I am trying to cut a square piece with a round pocket in the middle, using the cnterline tool.
    when i use the Z axis ramping button, the G code plot shows an extra angular cutting line .
    same drawing, no ramping tickt and it dos not show this extra line. Tested in Mach3 and it definitly
    cuts that extra face. I would send a picture if i only know how todo it . My first ever attempt at a forum.
    Hope it does not disapear in cyberspace

2. swarfer

swarfer Moderator Staff Member

I cannot see anything unusual in that image, might just be the angle is not showing it off properly.
    Can you please attach the sketchup file and your generated Gcode with ramping on, so I can look at it closely?
    a private conversation is fine if the drawing needs to stay 'private'.

Maybe you should watch these videos
    http://www.phlatforum.com/xenforo/threads/quick-phlatscript-intro-video.1137/#post-38624
    and especially this one, the intro to ramping

you could also read the help on ramping, accessed via the big blue question mark in the toolbar, then the link to ramping in the menu on the right hand side.

Pocketing is much better done with the pocket tool rather than manually offsetting centerline cuts (unless there is no other way) . And for a round pocket in hard material, the plunge hole tool will do it even better, with or without ramping.

So, send those files so I can see the details....