1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Extra lines in G code not shown in SketchUp

Discussion in 'Sketchup Help' started by rayclark, Jul 14, 2009.

1. rayclark

rayclark Member

For the life of me I can't figure out what is going wrong. In sketchup the plane looks perfect but when I create the gcode I get an extra cut line right behind the motor cutout. Can someone take a look at this file and see what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks

RC Attached files Blu_F22_.skp (246.5 KB)Â Phlatcode_Blue_F22 .cnc (12 KB)Â

2. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

For some reason it was missing at that spot the G0 command and the G1 command following it. I put it in for you.

Attached files Phlatcode_Blue_F22 .cnc (12.1 KB)Â

3. rayclark

rayclark Member

Thank you for fixing that for me. Any idea why it would create a cut line instead of a travel line at that point? I even tried generating the code on a different computer but with the same version of the Phlatscript.

RC

4. TigerPilot

That line is between a notch on the right and on the left. Look at the notch on the left. It's only 7/16". Less than 1/2". I think you've put a tab in it. I say this because the lower line in the left notch is purple. It's either a BIG tab or a fold line. I erased it and made the whole notch over with the inside tool and it is OK.

You know, Ray, that part is so tiny, I think it's not needed to tab it. With so much dust all over, one tiny piece of solid foam will not be noticed. :D :D Forget the tabs in these small parts.

5. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

I was able to look over your file as well.
    Tiger pilot is right on. Also I noticed you welded the whole outside part. This is not needed either. The only thing I found the weld tool to be useful on is something you want the centerline tool to be used on (which should be a thing of the past when the new script becomes available).

Shaun

6. TigerPilot

BTW, Ray, I would have made two notches on each side of the radio compartment. That way it will sit spot on when you assemble the plane. I would also put two tabs in each fin. Same reason. But these are only my preferences, every body has his own way. :)

7. rayclark

rayclark Member

Thank you foe the suggestions' appreciate it. I actually did add a tab to help guide the radio compartment. Good idea on the fins...will add that too. This was not my design. I just converted the plans from RCGroups. The design belongs to Golem. He calls it Blu F-22. I handcut one last summer before I had the Phlatprinter and really liked the way it flew so I decided to convert it over for the phlatprinter.

Looking forward to the new Phlatscript. Sounds like alot of nice new improvements.

Thanks again for fixing this for me.

Ray