1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

FPV Platform

Discussion in 'Single Wing Aircraft Plans' started by iflyos, Oct 21, 2010.

1. iflyos

iflyos Member

OK...wipe your eyes, and blink several times....Yes, its me....I am ALIVE!!!

Been missing for a bit, lots going on with family, church and work, but I am still using my PP and making stuff.

I figured I would let you guys see this. I designed it to use for FPV, since I have recently finally gotten to "drink the Kool-Aid" (FPV'ers understand)

The design is basic, meant to provide a easy platform to mount the VTX out in the wind to keep it cool, and mount the RC RX in the tail boom to maintain separation. There is a HUGE amount of room in the fuse, much more than is needed, to accommodate pretty much anything you can think of..even separate VTX/RC batteries, if you are so inclined.

You guys feel free to change it up, play around with the design..have at it. It flys well, and I am gonna install the FPV gear next and do some normal flights to verify range of both the RC gear and the Video gear before I go full FPV with it.

I still am not great at Sketchup, so I have posted a couple of pictures also to aid in the completed look. Any questions, just ask. I will do my best to help you guys out!!

Tim
    AG4RZ Attached files [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Fuse.skp (265.6 KB)Â wing.skp (224.9 KB)Â

2. 7up

7up Moderator Staff Member

Looks like a great FPV plane Tim.Seems like you really put some thought into the equipment placement. That is what most FPV planes lack. Great job.

3. iflyos

iflyos Member

Thanks, Buk.....I will take a few more pictures to show how I have it set up, but basically, midway down the boom I cut in (after the fact, and by hand) a door to let me mount the RC RX in. It is just a bit in front of the servos for the tail.

The left side of the fuse, at the bottom, and centered under the wing, their is another hand cut door, allowing access to where I have to motor battery. Their is a hatch on the nose as well, on top from the front of the rolled over section to the base of the "windscreen" area that opens up to allow for OSD, separate VTX battery, and anything else you want. I figure on mounting my VTX to the windscreen, so it is out in the airflow to keep it cool, and the camera will be on the hatch in front of the VTX. I have plans to later put the camera on a pan servo as well.

I want to keep some fuselage in the camera view, but one could mount the camera in the nose, and leave off the rounded part, substituting a piece of foam behind the camera to keep the strength.....

One thing I didn't mention in the original post is the wing is a KFM....but I think it would be easy to adapt to Gefahren's single wing viewtopic.php?f=34&t=1021&p=8921#p8921

which I want to try as well...

Tim
    AG4RZ

4. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Welcome back Tim! :D Glad to see you are still kicking out awesome designs.
    Thanks for sharing Brother :)
    Mark and Trish

5. rcsonyt

rcsonyt New Member

Love the cast and the plane. Might be good for Randy Covington huh? :roll: Have it ready for SEFF. I'll wear my hat, remember?

6. Jnida63

Jnida63 Member

That is just begging to have wingtip floats added to it and a boat type fuse made

7. Edivaldo Rodrighero

Edivaldo Rodrighero New Member