1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Full fuse vid how to

Discussion in 'Sketchup Tutorials' started by AnyAirRc, Dec 11, 2008.

1. AnyAirRc

AnyAirRc Moderator

So you wana learn how to make a full fuse plane in SU? Let’s do an F-20!!

A few people asked me to do a TUT on how I do my full fuse planes. In the spirit of holiday giving I thought I would give you guys a present. The video is 49 minutes long but it runs for 66 minutes. It shows every step I take to mock up a 3d fuse. Please forgive the verbal mistakes!!! I was designing the plane and trying to talk about each step at the same time and that is hard for me. Well I hope this helps the Phlaty guys.

p.s. The video is large enough to view full screen.

[vimeo]http://www.vimeo.com/2499045[/vimeo]

2. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Anyair the video says Private? Can't see it.

3. AnyAirRc

AnyAirRc Moderator

ok try it now... it should work

4. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Great work bro... Its really nice to see how others work in SU.. I learned a lot from this video, now I can work sooo much quicker using your tips on the shortcuts keys.
    Thanks so much for sharing
    Mark

5. Crash

Crash Moderator Staff Member

Jason, you ROCK!!!

So informative! It all makes sense now. I can hardly wait to get started using you techniques to work up something "boxy" on my own! lol

Your keyboard/mouse shortcuts - also priceless information.

Thanks so much, pal! I know what a pain it is to work up vids like these. You did an outstanding job!!

6. rayclark

rayclark Member

Thanks for posting this. Great Video. For some reason though the video goes blank at 49 minutes but the video length is 66 minutes.

7. AnyAirRc

AnyAirRc Moderator

Mark: I have a whole list of short cuts that I have learned, I rarely use the tool buttons anymore lol. I’ll type a list up and put it in a new post. I learned a lot watching your videos, visuals are so much better than text!

Crash: I went back and forth on posting this video. Since I plan on selling kits, my gut was telling me that I was creating more competition but I felt that I should give back to everyone that has helped me get to this point. I have learned so much from everyone so it is only fair. Glad you liked it! The scroll button is awesome! I have a Wacom tablet and it has hot keys right on the tablet, it is so convenient.

Rayclark: I don’t know why it did that, nothing was filmed after 49 minutes. I would fix it but it took all day to render the video and then all day to upload it! If I do anymore videos I will make them short, I just wanted everyone to see how I do it from start to finish.

Everyone: Thanks for the kind words! It feels good doing something nice for everyone and knowing it is appreciated makes it that much better.

8. rayclark

rayclark Member

Which Wacom tablet are you using?

9. AnyAirRc

AnyAirRc Moderator

I am using the Intuos 3 9x12

10. 7up

7up Moderator Staff Member

Great tutorial AA! Nice method.

11. firetrappe

firetrappe Member

Jason, thanks for taking the time to create the tutorial, it's really appreciated! I just watched it and it's taught me loads :cool: . I think i'll have to watch it a few more times to absorb all the info, but it's a great workflow.

Nice work dude!

Si.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

Very informative video Jason. I'll have to watch it a few times to catch half of what you were doing, because there was so much info there. Thanks! :cool:

13. AnyAirRc

AnyAirRc Moderator

Hey everyone thanks for the kind words, it makes it all worth while. I wish I had the time to do an unfold, and then build video.

14. WW8S

WW8S Member

Thanks for sharing the video, it was full of useful info. Yes!, please do an unfold, even just a 10 minute primer.
    Dave

15. bkboggy

bkboggy New Member

Why not just draw each side like you did in the beginning, pull them out and then use the intersection method to get the same thing you're doing, but faster. You've inspired me to create a new method, though. So, I thank you.

I haven't found a good way to make smooth models though...... this and your method only works for boxy ones... Unless you know the model by heart and guess on the curves I don't know a way to do this. The front view of planes shows only the most outer edge, therefore not really allowing you to work with the rest of the curves. Anyone knows?

-BK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax9HY06P ... r_embedded

16. kpd

kpd New Member

Thanks for a great tutorial - it gives me the confidence to try my own plane.

17. rcmonger

rcmonger New Member

thanks a lot :p

how do i make them transparent though?

18. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

If you don't see that part in your tool bar than go to 'view/Toolbars/Face Style' and click on it. Attached files [​IMG]