1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Gcode Duplication and Missing Parts Image

Discussion in 'SketchUcam Bugs' started by ThePhotographyGuy, Mar 21, 2014.

1. ThePhotographyGuy

ThePhotographyGuy New Member

I had recently had a few issues with my MAC and Sketchup and/or Sketchucam so I bit the bullet and bought a PC. I feel so dirty inside. Anywho, this has presented a new set of issues. Not sure if these are related to each other or a Sketchup thing or a Sketchucam thing or MACH3 or.........

Design part, set parameters, generate gcode, plot gcode and it looks awesome. I can see all the passes and the order. Load the gcode into mach3 and...........

1. The display window is empty. The crosshairs are there but no part. If I run the code, machine off, I can see the tool path as indicated by the segmented green trace.

2. The code runs well, no errors.........until line 500 of 2850 lines and it stops. It stops because from line 500 to line 2850 all of the code is a duplicate, the same command.

2. swarfer

swarfer Moderator Staff Member

please post the sketchup file and the gcode file, either here or direct to me.

3. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

1. I don't know about your monitor but in my monitor I have to zoom in a lot to see the part. I zoom in with the mouse wheel. Keep zooming until the part is the size that you can see. Also, try the 'tool path' tab in Mach 3. There the tool path window is bigger. BTW, the mouse wheel zoom in and out so make sure you scroll in the right direction. I think it was scrolling toward me that made it bigger.
    2. 500 lines is the limit in the free version of Mach. In the paid version there is no limit.

4. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

Like Yoram said, Sounds like you are trying the free version of Mach which limits it to 500 lines.

5. ThePhotographyGuy

ThePhotographyGuy New Member

Then that would explain it. I was sent a new mach3lic.dat file so I'll have to figure out how to unleash the hounds. I too use the scroll wheel but it scrolls out into nowhere space. I have to click and drag into view, zoom zoom zoom, drag into view, zoom zoom zoom............etc. At one time, I had the table parameters set and the part was inside the table view box and once I fine tuned the motors to get a 1:1 cut it all went haywire. Thanks again for the responses.