1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Gcode generation

Discussion in 'SketchUcam Help' started by Flint1962, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Flint1962

Flint1962 New Member

I have used sketchucam quite a bit but am having an issue with a gcode generation of an outline of deadpool for a sign as a gift. I can use the outline tool and get it to generate the outline and I can mark the center, but when I go to generate the gcode I do not get anything. It says gcode generation ok and the it comes up with the preview but the is nothing there and the gcode is virtually non existent in the left hand box. Is there an limitation as to the lines of code that can be generated?

2. swarfer

swarfer Moderator Staff Member

Hi Flint

Make sure nothing is selected when you generate Gcode.
    Make sure the safearea is where you think it is.

If nothing is selected then gcode is generate for all cuts within the safearea.
    If a portion of the drawing is selected then Gcode is only generated for the selected portion.

Another possibility is that the outline you have generated has problems that prevent generation.
    The most common such problem is that the shape has edge features that are smaller than the bit and it cannot correctly create an offset line to fit in the small features. This will prevent the white face being generated between the outline and the cutline which will prevent Gcode generation.

You might stuff like this:
    sketchup-spike.png
    That little blue highlighted spike is a problem, and the is no face between the black outline and the orange cutline and that is also a problem.
    Delete the spikes and create the face and it will be ok.

If you post your drawing here I can look at it for you.

3. Flint1962

Flint1962 New Member

Thanks for your help, I worked on it again last night and finally got it.