1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Happy Birthday Mark

Discussion in 'General Talk Forum' started by theothers, Jul 2, 2012.

1. theothers

theothers Administrator Staff Member

Hey guyz. Well, as you can see from today's announcement, it's Mark's Birthday :D

Mark's present this year was different than in year's past. Yes, with Mark's Birthday falling on a Monday, we considered a long weekend get away down at the Jersey Shore (South Jersey's shore is nothing like the tv show, fyi). I also considered going down to the local hobby shop and replacing his recently defunked Blade MQX. I knew though what Mark really wanted was to help Feed the Poor.

We all know that there are kids starving to death on the same ball of clay that we live on. There are people out there that are poorer than we can even imagine. While listening to a Christian radio station, Mark recently heard an interview of two guys that went on a Mission trip with foodforthepoor.org The horror stories they told will stay with both of us for the rest of our lives. It's unimaginable how some people are living.

We researched the organization and saw that 96.3% of the funds go directly to helping the people and that they are accredited by the BBB Charity division. Reading more on their website, you will see that they are truly trying to help those that need it most. We immediately made a small donation. Then, Mark's birthday arrived.

So, Mark's present this year was Beans and Rice. :twitch: Yes, we know. It's not a traditional Birthday present but maybe it will become a new tradition.

We are typing up this thread to help spread the word about an organization that we feel is worthwhile and trying to help. They can't do it without us. It's up to you but we can tell you, first hand, what a great feeling it is to play even a small role in helping save lives through a donation.

http://www.foodforthepoor.org/ Attached files [​IMG]

2. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

Happy Birthday!
    That is a great idea for a present. :doubleup:
    It reminds me of a missions trip I went on about 11yrs ago to Dominican Republic. One of the days I remember having these huge bags of rice and beans that we would separate into smaller portions to be delivered to homes. That trip was a life changing experience that I will never forget.