1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Help on Initial Install/Computer setup

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Build Support' started by falcon, Jul 9, 2012.

1. falcon

falcon New Member

I just purchased a Phlatprinter III and need help on the software installation. I think I copied and pasted the files. The icons appear on my desktop screen but I can't access them to test the stepper motors. I keep getting a message that says: " Unable to decode disk or install Microsoft DirectX 9.0c for .NET" How do I do this? Also do I have to be online to do any of this?

I went ahead and built the machine and am just waiting to get the software working. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. falcon

2. thebox

thebox New Member

hello ...
    go to planet cnc and try /download /software requirements ............ maybe it helps

3. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Hello falcon,
    Sounds like you only have shortcut to the files on the disk copied to your computer.
    You need to copy the program itself.
    This may be easier to walk you though on the phone. If you have some time I can give you a call and try to help you out with this.
    A lot of times when I am helping we use a program called team viewer its like a remote assistance program and its free. We could do this if your interested send me and email to phlatboyz@phlatboyz.com or you can send me a PM here on the forum as well.
    We'll get you up and running soon :good:
    Mark and Trish