1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Help with video Editing...

Discussion in 'General Talk Forum' started by rcav8r, Apr 23, 2012.

1. rcav8r

rcav8r Moderator Staff Member

OK, I'm working on a "top secrete" project. It comprises of screen shots to show how a process is done.
    I recorded the screen action with CamStudio Recorder. The raw recordings look just fine. Just like looking at it live. When I edit the video all looks fine in the editor.
    Problem is when I go to export it; it jumps around. Kinda looks like gate weave on the old film stuff, only in reverse. It's the stationary background that does this, not the highlighted courser. The more busy the screen, the more pronounced the movement.

Side note: If you ever noticed on old movies, you can really see the gate weave when there is text on the screen. The text is stationary, but the movie port is weaving....

I tried ALL SORTS of settings on export. The thing that seemed to help the most was to bump down the frame rate to 24 (same as the film you see at the movie theater), but the "gate weave" is still there.

Any ideas?

2. rcav8r

Bump....
    Any ideas?

3. navionflyer

navionflyer New Member

I am by no means an expert in this, but if when you export it, the frame size (number of pixels per frame) goes down significantly, the resizing of the frames is most likely your problem. I know when I convert a video for internet sizing, the quality goes way down. What video editing software and what settings are you using to export and what is your original size?

4. rcav8r

A few shots are full resolution. They look like real JUNK. I will "re-shoot" those... The rest of it ( all 20 minutes worth) are in 64x480 as that is what I plan on exporting as... and that is what it was edited as.
    I'm using a rather old version of Magix Movie Edit. Version 12 I believe.
    http://www.magix.com/ca/movie-edit-pro/detail/ <---New version

I've done 101 things with it (vacation videos, slide shows cut to music for the kids swim team & our plane club. Most of the stuff that was used in the slide shows was shot at full res with a DSL (6MP), and it looks just fine.

My guess is that due to the graphic nature of a CAD drawing ( guess I should have mentioned it was a CAD drawing) is causing the issues. I tried all sorts of stabilization filters with no luck.

Here's a few I did for the club that look WAY better, even after they have been "youtubed"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTImcWLrK90
    and
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHxMQjfppD8

I'll try and snag a snipet of what I'm seeing and post.

THANKS
    Dave

5. navionflyer

navionflyer New Member

I just did a screen video capture with CamStudioRecorder (never used it before). 28 seconds of video is 905,305kB (screen resolution 1920 x 1080). I saved it down in Windows Live Movie Maker with save for computer. I uploaded it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o8CwVvIgQc to YouTube. You can see the quality suffers greatly, but the file size went down to 1988kB. So I think you may need to save it as large as you possibly can. Hopefully someone with more video editing experience will chime in here with a solution.

6. rcav8r

THANKS!!! Yep, quality goes down ( as expected) but it is stable. Mine has gate weave; wonders all over the place. At the 640x480 image quality is not bad though

I have a full dance card tonight. I'll try and post an snippet tomorrow. If a picture is worth 1000 words, then imagine what the video will be worth :D

THANKS again

7. navionflyer

navionflyer New Member

@24 fps 24,000 words per second? ;) :lol:

Just as an experiment, have you tried it with Windows Movie Maker?
    BTW, the video I uploaded is 854 x 480 and 29 fps from Windows Movie Maker.