1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Home town Olympic athletes

Discussion in 'General Talk Forum' started by rcav8r, Jul 28, 2012.

1. rcav8r

rcav8r Moderator Staff Member

Anyone have anyone they know in the Olympics? We do. A good friend of my daughter's best friend's sister ( not too far removed :D ) is on the woman's volley ball team. #13.
    Also my daughter's good friend from swimming (and fellow competor )was in the time trials but missed by a not a whole lot. Kara always lost against her, but not by a lot.

2. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

3. rcav8r

I'll have to check out the ones from PA...

Here's the profile from our hometown athlete:
    http://www.teamusa.org/Athletes/HA/Chri ... motto.aspx

It's neat seeing her play in the games, and saying "Hay I know her" It's kinda funny as my daughter has a crush on her brother, and he has one on her, but both are too darned shy to do anything about it :)

So ya watching any of the games? I'm not a sports fan by any means ( well except for hockey) but I like to watch the Olympics as the athlete's are in it for the competition and fun, not for a paycheck.

What did ya think of the opening ceremony? Catch the 2 Pink Floyd references? One subtle, and one obvious...
    I thought the children's choirs from all over the country was neat, particularly the helicopter shot of them in the middle of the Giant's Causeway.
    Also loved the Mr. Bean bit, and as hokey as it was the queen thing was funny just because it was the queen.

4. kram242

We totally missed opening ceremony. Sounds like it was awesome though! We were watching the kids as well as my parents dog (Roscoe) He is one of those dogs who as soon as he gets the chance will run right out the door and a mile down the street! So it was total chaos here :D
    Maybe I can see the recap later as we have the kids for the rest of the week this week and all they want to do is go to the lake and train for the Olympics in there own way, with sports such as mud throwing and seaweed slapping :D
    All in good fun :) Trish and I will sit down and catch up on date night (of NEXT week) :)
    Mark and Trish

5. rcav8r

Sounds like your having WAY too much fun... Better to be out running around than sitting around watching the tube.....but I still can't resist the Olympics even though NBC is doing a horrible job with it all. They're complaining about people on the internet spoiling the results, when they run ads for their interviews on <insert athelete here> getting their gold medal right before the event that determines who gets the medals.... :fugly:

6. rcav8r

It's stories like this that I like watching the Olympics.. http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/31/sport/oly ... hpt=hp_bn4
    Heck our Jr Varsity swimmers can beat this guy, but it was his spirit that I love...and that of the spectators and other athletes. The place was cheering him on.
    We see the same thing in high school swimming... Some schools don't have a very good program, but they came and swim and do so VERY slowly, and sloppy.... but EVERYONE cheers them on. It is nice to see....

7. rcav8r

8. kram242

Great stories Dave. Sorry for being as active here lately we have been really busy trying to get Phlatbots together. We will get back to it soon :)
    Anybody else have any idea where in the world Dave could be???
    Mark and Trish

9. rcav8r

Hint: check the ip of my posts. Should get you very close ;-)

10. kram242

Now that's just cheating! :D

11. rcav8r

Not any more as we're home :) .... I'll start posting pics to help with the guessing here shortly. Got in late last night and haven't had a chance to go through any pics.

12. kram242

LOL :D Glad to have you Back Dave! :good: