1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Horse

Discussion in 'Puzzles' started by Bozikovine, Mar 12, 2010.

1. Bozikovine

Bozikovine Member

Simply the ... horse.

Bozikovine Attached files [​IMG] horse.dxf (1.2 MB)Â [​IMG] horse.skp (864.5 KB)Â

2. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

I re-did the .skp file and had cut the horse. I made it for the $tree foam. That foam used to be 5mm but now it's 4mm and that is what the layout is made for. I kept the paper on. I also added a base to mount the horse on. There are no phlatlines included since my cutting bit is most likely different than yours (it's 1.6mm).

Attached files [​IMG] Horse.skp (271.4 KB)Â

3. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Nice job Bozikovine and TP! :doubleup:
    @ Yoram what bit are you using on this cut as I see very little or no fuzz left on the paper? We have been looking for a bit that can cut dollar-tree board with a clean edge.
    Thank you
    Mark and Trish

4. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

I think it was this one (it's been a long time since I bought it :D ).http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-1-60mm-0630- ... 2316392700

I think I'll try this one next time, just to see how it works. http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-1-16-0625-CH ... 5892e5e3f8

I should add that I cut it at 80ipm at about 6000rpm. I didn't sand the edges. They are not perfect but most definitely acceptable. I found that with this material, the dollar tree foam, it is difficult to cut sharp edges, as in the trailing edge of a wing rib. It rips the edge. I've yet to solve this problem. The ears of the horse suffered this problem but it is mostly covered and can't be readily seen.

BTW, Mark. If you judge the edge quality by the base, I have cut the base with a knife. :D I didn't know what size it should be and where the cutouts for the tabs should be until I assembled the horse. In the file I have the base included but only after I measured it from the one in the picture. :D

5. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for the update Yoram
    That second link you posted with the 10 1/16" (.0625") CHIPBREAKER looks promising
    Mark and Trish