1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

How to make a 7 year old happy

Discussion in 'Projects on your Phlatprinter 3' started by SilverFox, Sep 5, 2011.

1. SilverFox

SilverFox Member

I was working out in the garage cutting some parts for the Divinity II that I was building when my 7 year old came out to show me something he built. He built a "scorpion" out of some K'Nex pieces and he added a motor and wheels.

He was very frustrated because the wheels did not produce enough ground clearance for it to roll smoothly. I told him that he needed some bigger wheels, so I decided to stop the plane build and I opened up SketchUp.

I was able to measure the current wheels and design some foam wheels to slip over them. It was a crude design, but I needed to act quickly. I used 1" Dow foam. My son was very happy, so they were a success. Attached files [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. theothers

theothers Administrator Staff Member

SilverFox, awesome story! Thank you for posting it.

3. 7up

7up Moderator Staff Member

Treaded wheels... Cool idea! :good:

4. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

You, my friend are a hero! :doubleup: A hero is somebody who is selfless, who is generous in spirit, who just tries to give back as much as possible and help people.
    Very cool SilverFox! Thank you for sharing
    Mark and Trish

5. SilverFox

SilverFox Member

Both of my boys are very creative. They are constantly building really cool stuff with Legos and K'Nex pieces. I've tried to show them the PP and some of the things that have been posted here on the forums, but they did not show much interest.

Now there is a small bit of interest from my 7 year. I need to make some of those 3D puzzles, I know they like those. Once they get more interested, maybe I can harness some of their creativity. It should be fun for all three of us.