1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

how to print at the correct size

Discussion in 'Sketchup Help' started by memphisbelle, Mar 12, 2010.

1. memphisbelle

memphisbelle New Member

Hi, Ive just started to use stretchup, I have some SKP files & can load them into sketchup, I also have cute pdf writer to convert them into pdf files to print off, but I cant seem to get or know how to get these files to print off at the correct scale, Ive followed a tutorial on how to convert them but cant seem to get the correct scale they just come out really small can anyone help me on how to do this correctly, Im trying it with the snowmobile plan & also the jellyfish plan

2. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

For your reference later, here is the old tutorial: viewtopic.php?f=94&t=987
    And here is my newer tutorial on printing to vector format, and cropping and tiling with other free software. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1201689

Here is how you do the scaling. I just reinstalled my os, so don't have cutpdf installed, but you should get the idea. After this, you just have to figure out how to control the extra white space on the border. The new way, I use, is shown on my rcgroups thread above. Actually, I explain both methods there. I recently did these plans with that new method, if you want to see the results: viewtopic.php?f=64&t=1362&p=17035#p17025

**Oh this is important. Under the sketchup "Camera" menu, you have to be set to "Parallel Projection" not "Perspective".

-Kwok

Attached files [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. memphisbelle

memphisbelle New Member

I'ved followed what you've written here & it works perfectly now, I did have the camera view set to "perspective" & not to parallel thanks youve saved the day.. :D

4. memphisbelle

memphisbelle New Member

HI just one more question when transfering images via Sketchup to Cutepdf when you have a "mulitple" image" do I need to do anything with the image that has the box round it & numbers? Im unable to add an image to show you but the plan Im looking at is the Tumblewing.

5. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

I don't really understand your reference to "multiple" images? But, I guess you don't understand that if there are separate sections, you just print each section separately. And you do that, by zooming in and filling the entire window with each section.

Nothing special about a box around it & numbers. It's just an image. I assume you are talking about the plywood pieces on the upper left, in the Tumblewing plans. You can use the "tape measure" tool to measure that and see it's only ~7"x6". So what I would do is, print that section out separately on a single letter size sheet. Zoom in on the section and print it out. It doesn't matter how much you zoom in, only what's in the window. The actually scaling is taken care of in the print menu, when you set the scale to 1:1.

-Kwok

Attached files [​IMG]

6. memphisbelle

memphisbelle New Member

Thanks for the reply, I might not have explained it correctly but your right in your assumption thats exactly what I was trying to refer to, I'm new to this program & only just getting used to it Thanks again