1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

I can't see the V-tabs

Discussion in 'SketchUcam Help' started by Anonymous, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

I'm trying to finally finish and cut a file, but I can't see any evidence of the tabs at all, whether "V" or "T" type. The only way I can guess something happened is if I try to select the same line segment again, I cannot.
    Am I forgetting a step or something? Like make the piece a Component or a Group before applying the tabs?
    otoh. Is there a way to change the default colors of the tabs to some bold flaming purple color #BF00FF, or something else?

2. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

The previous version 15, I used, the tabs were purple. Now with version 18, they are green. But I don't know if these are V or normal tabs. Do you know how to switch between them? They show up without grouping, so that's not it.

Ok, I found the post where you say "use the V key". That works. Mark said they are blue, but the V-tabs look purple to me. So I can see mine. I haven't done anything special, so I don't know why you can't see them?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

Kwok, I figured it out - Somehow the main perimeter of the items were each grouped - so the tabs were not getting generated on the same layer as the model. I had probably fat-fingered a "shift-f" (Fillet) and hit the "shift-g" (Make Group) instead. Maybe I should have created shortcuts that were more "fat-finger compatible". :?
    I reverted back to the saved file, un-grouped (exploded) everything and then the tabs work.

The TABS are still mighty hard to see, so I'm still looking for an answer about how to change their appearance.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

How can I get the V-Tabs to join two or three small segments into one? I've tried holding the "shift" key before selecting the first one, then selecting the next one before letting go of the "shift" key, but it just makes two tiny "Vees" next to each other. I've got some convoluted and highly radiused cuts that NEED tabs, but the line segments are too short for a "V" to form correctly - they are only about 0.020 wide!
    I line-edited the G-code to force the program to keep the bit dis-engaged until the second "Y -0.300" command, and that really helped, but am I not understanding how to use the V-tabs correctly? :?: :(

5. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

Dorsal,
    I've had the same problem. The best thing to do is use the regular tabs in those kind of areas. Just put them next to each other. The vtabs don't work so well when you put them right next to each other.