1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Incorrect Depth for outline cut (v1.4-22ee)

Discussion in 'SketchUcam Bugs' started by Merlin El Mago, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Merlin El Mago

Merlin El Mago New Member

Hello guys,
    in first place, let me just appreciate your hard work, making SketchUCam so awesome. To be honest, I have been using the software for years now and I haven't said a single "Thank You" all that time. So here it is: thanks for making this great piece of software.

Now let's go to my problem...
    I want to cut out a guitar body. I have selected the outline tool for the job. Here is my outline:
    [​IMG]
    Here are my settings:
    [​IMG]
    And here is what Camotics says has been generated:
    [​IMG]
    I honestly don't understand why the first outlines aren't generated on the same plane. Any hint's what I'm doing wrong?

Best regards
    Merlin

Attached Files:

2. swarfer

swarfer Moderator Staff Member

Hi
    What is your max_z setting? Looks like some of the cuts are getting limited by that.
    if you turn comments on and look in the Gcode, you will see comments that warn you when it is limiting to max_z.

If it is not that, then please post both your sketchup file and your generated Gcode file so I can look into them (you can send it to me privately by starting a private conversation with me if you want to keep your design private.)

3. Merlin El Mago

You were absolutely right. Even though I had not set the Max_z nor Min_z in myConstants.rb, it was defaulting to the value contained in Constants.rb. Now everything works flawlessly.

Thanks a lot!

P.S.: You may consider moving this thread to the 'idiots' section (because of my lack of research before posting this as a bug) :)

4. swarfer

swarfer Moderator Staff Member

great!
    but please, read the help, hit the big blue question mark in the toolbar, then hit the RED link 'after install - things to do' and read that,
    then read 'the toolbar',
    then go to the 'change default options' (because you no longer need to change myconstants.rb - somehow you got to the wrong place!)
    help.png

PS: updating the help often takes longer than writing the code, then I make videos as well.
    But I still get questions about the basics :fugly:
    http://www.phlatforum.com/xenforo/forums/sketchucam-tutorials/

5. Merlin El Mago

Must be that I've been updating your software without really reading new features...

Thanks for the tip, and sorry for the question.

Regards
    Merlin