1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

load errors

Discussion in 'SketchUcam Bugs' started by bradmoran, Dec 27, 2015.

1. bradmoran

bradmoran New Member

Hi,

Help please! I'm a total noob to this so bear with me!

I have installed the latest version of sketch up and followed the instructions to install sketchucam 1.4 and now when I start sketch up all heap of load errors appear and the only button on the tool bar that I can see and use is the Parameters??? Have you heard of this happening before?

Thanks brad

2. swarfer

swarfer Moderator Staff Member

never!
    what version of Sketchup? on what operating system?
    what other plugins have you got installed?
    what process did you follow for the install? (should be the Scenario (1) at http://www.phlatforum.com/xenforo/threads/sketchucam-download.3128/ )
    the only issue you may have (with Sketchup Make 2016) is that the toolbar will not appear (despite the install code telling it to) and you will have to tick the box to make it active after install. The instructions are also there on the page I gave above.

other than those questions, I'll need to see the error messages, so copy and paste then here for me to see...

3. bradmoran

bradmoran New Member

swarfer,

I an running 16.0.19912 64bit version of Sketchup on Win 10, this was a fresh install on this computer that has never run sketchup before and i did use Scenario (1) for the install and there are no other plugins installed.
    here is the error message that is displayed when i start sketchup
    Error: #<SyntaxError: C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/Tools/Phlatboyz/tools/OffsetCut.rb:60: syntax error, unexpected ',', expecting ')'
    yield (@edge.end.position, cf)
    ^
    C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/Tools/Phlatboyz/tools/OffsetCut.rb:61: syntax error, unexpected ',', expecting ')'
    yield (@edge.start.position, cf)
    ^
    C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/Tools/Phlatboyz/tools/OffsetCut.rb:63: syntax error, unexpected ',', expecting ')'
    yield (@edge.start.position, cf)
    ^
    C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/Tools/Phlatboyz/tools/OffsetCut.rb:64: syntax error, unexpected ',', expecting ')'
    yield (@edge.end.position, cf)
    ^
    C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/Tools/Phlatboyz/tools/OffsetCut.rb:70: class definition in method body
    C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/Tools/Phlatboyz/tools/OffsetCut.rb:86: class definition in method body
    C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/Tools/Phlatboyz/tools/OffsetCut.rb:102: syntax error, unexpected end-of-input, expecting keyword_end>
    C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/Tools/RubyStdLib/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:45:in `require'
    C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/Tools/RubyStdLib/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:45:in `require'
    C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/Tools/Phlatboyz/tools/CutTool.rb:6:in `<top (required)>'
    C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/Tools/Phlatboyz/Phlatscript.rb:203:in `loadTools'
    C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/Tools/Phlatboyz/Phlatscript.rb:53:in `load'
    C:/Users/Brad/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/phlatboyz.rb:88:in `load'
    C:/Users/Brad/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/phlatboyz.rb:93:in `register_extension'
    C:/Users/Brad/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/phlatboyz.rb:93:in `<module:phlatScript>'
    C:/Users/Brad/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/phlatboyz.rb:17:in `<top (required)>'

the only thing i can think of is uninstall and delete all installation files and redownload and start again?

thanks for your quick reply

Brad

4. swarfer

I am lost now. I have that exact same version of SU and have no problems at all.
    The error message implies a language fault, 'syntax' error, as though it does not understand the 'yield' parameters. Yet that exact code works on my laptop (windows 8.1 though). Maybe you can reinstall SketchUcam and restart Sketchup and see what happens?
    (there is no 'uninstall' for plugins so no need to try that).

5. swarfer

also please try turning UAC off, it does mess with various system stuff that might affect the paths to the files. it is always turned off on my computers so it isnot the first thing I think off. (just Google for how to turn it off.)

6. bradmoran

bradmoran New Member

morning,

I have tried all of the above and still not working i even uninstalled SU and reinstalled but still no luck :(
    its weird that only one part of the add on works? (the parameters window still opens)i have another computer with win 10 on it ill have a crack at installing on the one and see if the same thing happens?

7. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

Just to chime in and say that I have tried SketchUp and SketchUcam on two Windows 10 computers, both with fresh (virgin) and one with upgrade, installed and had no problems. Both are HP laptops, BTW.

8. swarfer

an idea.... do you have Ruby installed on that computer? (the full one).
    Sketchup installs it's own Ruby which may interfere with an existing Ruby install, I have never heard of a problem, but thereis always a chance.