1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Locking grove for pressure bars

Discussion in 'Phlatprinter 3 MODS' started by Keckhaus, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Keckhaus

Keckhaus New Member

I know that the build video suggest putting CA on the grooves, which I did, however my left side is warring down and was wondering if anyone out there had a fix. I have tried a piece of wire tie etc, but they just keep coming off. I know that with the correct material it could be lined and function well. Any and all comments or suggestion welcome. Ken

2. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

I had not put CA on the nobs of the slot and it wore down. What I did is build it up with CA and backing soda. After I had it build up I sanded it to the, more or less, right shape and put a final coat on CA.

3. Flashsolutions

Flashsolutions Active Member

I drilled a couple holes just under the bars and keep a couple of pins handy to lock them in the up position if and when it is needed.

I realize that is not a very sophisticated solution, but it is one option for a quick fix.

4. rcav8r

rcav8r Moderator Staff Member

My out of the box solution (so to speak) is I use some old 9V volt batteries to hold the bar up for loading material. They are the perfect height to slide the material around but not too high so the pressure bar isn't too uneven when only one is in place. I then can remove one while holding the material down with one hand, Now half of the bar is holding the material so simply remove the other battery. Kinda hard to explain, but it works really well. Been using this since I built my PP/// and find it works really well....the material is exactly where I position it.

5. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

You know what, rcav8r, from day one I didn't like the idea of the pressure roller sitting on the drive roller, when they are all the way down. Out of the box, so to speak ( :D ) I had put two 1/2" plywood strips, about 1" wide to shim the pressure roller up when the printer is not in use. I don't like keeping it in the up position for storage. The 1/2" ply is just 'high' enough for 1/4" foam to slide under and the strips are long enough to be under the two rollers.

I still like to have the pressure rollers all the way up when I'm working on things, especially thicker wood.