1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Mach 3 Pricing

Discussion in 'Mach3' started by navionflyer, Apr 8, 2009.

1. navionflyer

navionflyer New Member

I am about to buy Mach 3 and was poking around the web to see if I could get a better price, and I came across this:

http://buildyourcnc.com/CNCsoftware.aspx

Anyone have any dealings with this site or do you have a better place to buy it from? I'm not opposed to buying from Artsoft, but if I can save a few bucks why not.

Thanks,
    Tim

2. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

Go for it - it looks like the real deal to me. :)

3. Flashsolutions

Flashsolutions Active Member

$159 is the price I paid for Mach3 but it appears as if the price may have gone up to $175 now.

For a few dollars more, personally, I would buy from the maker of the software and not some 2nd party.

You have to ask yourself "Does warranty and support mean anything for future upgrades to me? ".

You have to make those decisions, but in the event you start having issues, you have to wonder is $16 worth it?

4. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

Why would you think there would be no warranty or support? If that was the case, then that would not be a legal copy of the software. On 1st look, this guy's website looks legit. If there are any doubts, just contact Artsoft and ask them to confirm. Maybe Artsoft is raising their price to develop a network of dealers.

-Kwok

5. navionflyer

navionflyer New Member

Thanks for the answers. I'm just not sure about that particular site. It does not appear to have been updated recently. I think I will spend $16 more and go with the sure thing unless anyone has any experience with them.

Tim

6. Flashsolutions

I took Kwok's advice and emailed Artsoft. Maybe is legit, maybe not. Let's hear what Artsoft has to say... I'll post the results here if and when they respond to my email.

7. Flashsolutions

navioflyer.... looks like it is legit! Go for it if you like! But remember, support comes from them not Artsoft!

Hi Larry,

Yes, Patrick is an authorized distributor. It's a free market, so we cannot tell our distributors what to set their price point at, but if they sell for less than we do then they are responsible for *all* of the customer support...

Thanks,

scott
    --
    Scott Nichols
    License Manager
    http://www.machsupport.com

8. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

I have to say, I'm confused with that reply. Since, when does a software company not support its software, regardless of where you buy it. And it's not a free market. If distributors did whatever they wanted, they are not distributors for long. And doesn't a company sell for more to protect it's distributors? Oh, well just thinking out loud. :?

9. Flashsolutions

My guess, and I don't speak for Artsoft, is that what they are saying is that IF a distributor wishes to sell their product below the manufactures posted price, THEN they reserve the right not to support it. You certainly do not know what kind of agreements were made between the distributor and the original manufacturer.

More than likely, the website selling below Artsofts price has probably just not updated their website in some time. Who knows, maybe they don't even realize they should be charging more now.

From what I read, the guy whose website is in question, is a hobbist himself, so I go back to my original question, "Is it worth putting your warranty and future support at risk over $16?".

And as to "Since when does a company not support its software regardless of where you buy it", I ask "Have you ever purchased discounted OEM software in which the prices seemed too good to be true?".
    Do you really expect Microsoft is going to support software you paid $15 for when the package sells for $600?

In any case you have been informed of the companies position on the matter. Its your money and your fight if later on you find you need support.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

If I had gotten my copy of Mach for free, how would anybody know, unless I were stupid enough to actually tell them?
    ArtSoft has a support Forum at http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php that anyone can access to read, and the VAST majority of function-related problems are fully addressed there. Get the best price deal you can - software is software, and the little zeroes and ones don't look any differrent if it's "used", or "second hand", or "sold by a foreigner".

11. Thewz

Thewz Moderator

I paid $159 last year from Artsoft.....

Maybe the price is not set correctly on the vendors site?

I think what Artsoft is saying is there is a contracted minimum they can sell licenses and if they dip below then Artsoft will not directly support issues but then again how will they know what you paid. Seems they had no idea what this vendor was selling it at and it's advertised on a web site....

OEM licensing is different and they have different product key's that correspond to that fact.

Matthew

12. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

Yes, if it is an authorized dealer and they do give you the support unless it's an OEM, than they tell you to go to the seller.

Yoram

13. navionflyer

navionflyer New Member

UPDATE

I played it safe and bought it from Artsoft last night.

Mark and Trish, have you considered becoming a dealer for Mach3? I would have happily paid you $175 for it.

14. theothers

theothers Administrator Staff Member

navionflyer, thanks for the tip. We are now officially a Mach3 dealer! Mach3 can be purchased in the Phlat-Store under accessories at www.phlatboyz.com.