1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

make your own containers

Discussion in 'Functional Art/Craft Designs and Others' started by jovian, Sep 19, 2011.

1. jovian

jovian Member

A couple weeks ago my wife asked me to make a safety light. Ok she said she wanted to get on and i said i could make one. This left me with the delema of how to make a case to hold the small circuit and 9 volt battery. I tried design something in sletchup but the design failed. I then tried with existing tupperware and that worked well biut the lid would not snap shut. I ended up just taking some glad tupperware and forming tje white plastic around that to diffuse the light more. That said the one done with the glass container will make a good bin to put stuff in and i think with a little work the lid can snap shut as well.

Edit added the pics Attached files [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Cool project Nick! I looked for (but could not find now) a link where a guy used a technique for vacuum formed a box with a lid that interlocked to the box. I hope that someone has seen this as well and can share the link it was a great page that helped explain how it was accomplished by creating a lip for the parts to slip together.
    Nice job
    Mark and Trish

3. jovian

jovian Member

Well I finished the flasher circuit and thought I would share the results.

Attached files [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Nice job Nick! :doubleup: