1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Mirror image of my design

Discussion in 'SketchUcam Help' started by jman 31, May 12, 2013.

1. jman 31

jman 31 New Member

Hi,

First of all, thanks for this great plugin! I just bought a little cnc mill with an overhead gantry for cutting holes in plastic enclosure lids and this looks like it will work great.

I'm sure this has been answered before, but my search came up empty. The issue that I'm having is that the holes and text are reversed on the lid when I do a test run. I'm designing the lid from the top in sketchup and when I run it in a simulator it shows up correctly. As soon as I run it in mach 3 it comes out in reverse.

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
    Jeremy

2. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

You should be able to check the OverHead gantry option and re-save the code.
    Mark and Trish

3. jman 31

jman 31 New Member

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I've tried both with it checked and without and I'm still getting a mirror image. It shows up correctly in mach3, but prints backwards. I wonder if there is a problem with my cnc machine that I'm missing.

4. foamlvr

foamlvr Member

Sounds like your X and Y axis need to be reversed. You can do this in Mach3 or by rewiring the steppers. If it's a ready to go machine, it will probably be easier to do it in Mach3. I haven't used Mach3 in a long time, so I don't remember the exact details, but I know it is pretty easy. There are plenty of Mach3 users on board here. To get more help try posting in the Mach3 help threads.

5. jman 31

jman 31 New Member

Thanks, that's exactly what it was! I reversed the y axis in mach3 and now it's perfect! Thanks for the advice!