1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Mixing Throttle and Rudder on DX6i for Twin

Discussion in 'General Talk Forum' started by TigerPilot, Dec 29, 2011.

1. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

I know how to mix elevon on my DX6i but the throttle/rudder mix is a whole new ball game. Try as I might I didn't get it to work. It should be that the throttle is the master and the rudder will slow down one motor and speed up the other. I know it's been done. I remember someone posted a twin that he did 3D with I just don't know how. Any idea how to do it? :questions:

2. foamlvr

foamlvr Member

I'm not familiar with the DX6i but, mixing is mixing. First each throttle has to be assigned it's own seperate channel. The TX needs to have 2 programable mixes. The rudder is master on both mixes, throttle is slave. Set one mix so left rudder slows left motor. Set other mix so right rudder slows right motor. You could set mixes to speed up the opposite side motor, but you would have to have throttles set to less than full at full forward stick.

I looked at the DX6i briefly in consideration of the new bind n fly 3d micro chopper, and thought the programming too basic for it. The programming may be limited to the point of not being able to perform the mixing you want, but if it has twin throttle, and 2 programable mixes, then you are in like Flynn.

P-MIX 1
    master rudder...... slave left throttle left rudder= -25%mix

P-Mix 2
    master rudder...... slave right throttle right rudder= -25%mix

The 25% is just a guess. Be very carefull, playing with throttle mixing, is DANGEROUS, twin throttles are 4 times as DANGEROUS 2x2 dangerous, or cube it 2x2x2 and call it 8 times as dangerous. If you solve this remember you will have differential thrust, and the cute little foamy will turn on you faster than a pit bull with a migraine.

That being said, good luck, and may some ultra wicked spins be in your future.

3. TigerPilot

Thanks, foamlvr, for the above.
    I looked at the mixing and I didn't see an option for 'slave left throttle left' or right, for that matter. What I have is Rate D %, and I can set + or - and the amount and U % and again + or -. I guess setting these percentages will determent the slaving, as you said above. The question is how I should set them.

4. foamlvr

foamlvr Member

Ok, I am used to having a lot more characters to look at on the screen.

1. Does it have 2 programable mixes ? These are mixes where you can mix whatever you want with whatever you want.

2. Does it have twin throttle ? each throttle has to be on its own channel.

3. Rudder(probably just a channel #) will be master on both mixes.

4. left throttle(channel # that is the default for normal throttle)will be slave on one mix.

5. right throttle(channel# 5 or 6) will be slave on other mix.

I Have done mixes like this for other people at the field, but I had the radio in my hands(and sometimes the manual too).

The RATE D% +or- and amount , to me, not having the radio in hand, could mean several things.
    I'm gonna see if I can find mthe manual on line.

5. foamlvr

foamlvr Member

I couldn't get the manual to download, from the Horizon website. I posted on RCG under radios DX6i is it possible?

6. TigerPilot

I had looked in RCGroups before I came here and couldn't find anything. Sometimes I'm such a tool. The reason I couldn't find it is because I spelled throttle with one 't'. :girl_cray2: I tried it again, this time with the correct spelling, and got hits. Turns out that Kwok had posted that there is a bug in the DX6i in the Throttle-Rudder mixing. Who knew! :girl_cray2:

7. foamlvr

foamlvr Member

couldn't get the manual to downlad.

Got a reply about mixing.

1. mix throttle to aux (this gives you 2 throttles)

2. mix rudder to throttle

3. mix rudder to aux

The problem is the DX6i only has 2 mixes.

8. TigerPilot

I had already read on RCGroups that you can't do it on the DX6i, foamlvr. Thems the breaks. Not even thinking of getting an other radio just because of that.