1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

MKII Tables

Discussion in 'Functional Designs' started by 7up, Jul 10, 2009.

1. 7up

7up Moderator Staff Member

Guys, here are the tables I entered into the contest. Feel free to modify and use them any way you like.

Also included in the zip file is the font that I used, It's great for foam as it has a strike-thru (?) in it that gives your cut-aways some support, not just a big open hole.

Hope someone enjoys it. :D Attached files [​IMG] [​IMG] 7up_MKII_Tables.zip (404.8 KB)Â

2. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Here you can post the MKII table designs that you guys come up with for use with the MKII
    So that others can download them and tryout/modify the one they would like to use
    Thank you all for your hard work and participation in the contest and for sharing your awesome designs with the world.
    everyone is welcome to create new or modified designs and post them here
    Thank you
    Mark and Trish

3. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

4. 66tbird

66tbird Moderator Staff Member

I finally had some time to finish this up. I built it a couple times in SU and it should print off close enough. Just send me beta tester report please :)

Attached files MKII Table by 66tbird.zip (5 MB)Â [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Chuck

Chuck New Member

Shaun. I like these tables and downloaded the files to cut them out but I am having a problem. At first, I thought there was something wrong with my MKII, maybe calibration off or a problem with the Z gantry. The bit will not come up enough to cut 1/4" foam. The bit barely scores the under side of the foam in the cut pattern. I checked it out and the Z gantry is moving correctly and at the correct rate. Just to be sure, I ran a different GCode project and it worked just fine. Is there anything you (or anyone else) can think of that I can to correct the problem? I am curious about this one and honestly don't have a clue. Hope someone can offer suggestions. Thanks

Chuck

6. 3DMON

Hey Chuck,
    Did you try to let the machine cut the whole file? The first few lines of code are score lines just to help with the front lip of the table. After it gets done with that part the bit should go to the holes in the center and cut them at .336 which is plenty deep enough to cut 1/4" foam.
    Let me know if this is the case, everything in the gcode looks fine.

7. Chuck

Chuck New Member

Yes, Shaun, I let it cut the entire sheet. No line is deeper than maybe 1/32" and I am puzzleed by this. If it works for you and others and it does not work for me but other files cut okay you can see my confusion. I'll check it out again and see what happens and then I will let you know. If it is something I did or did not do which is stupid, I will let you know that also :fugly:

Thanks for your reply Shaun.

8. 3DMON

Hey Chuck,
    I just replaced the Sketchup and gcode files with the latest script. Hopefully these will work for you. Let me know.

9. Chuck

Chuck New Member

Thank you Shaun, did you just overwrite what was already listed? I will download it again and check it out. In the meantime, I went into the previous GCodes and noticed everything seems to be in "component" format and I really know nothing about components or what the advantage is to them. Guess I had better learn this. Anyhow, after exploding the components and erasing existing outside and inside cut lines, I regenerated the Gcode and all is well. I have not tried to cut one out yet, tomorrow morning for that and I will let you know. Man I can't thank you enough for your help and patience. Thanks again.

Chuck

10. 3DMON

So did you not receive my pm I sent yesterday? I was hoping you would have answered it as I was trying to trouble shoot what was going on.

Also those are not components. They are groups. Groups control the cut order.