1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Multipass causes loops

Discussion in 'SketchUcam Bugs' started by truehybridx, Apr 27, 2012.

1. truehybridx

truehybridx New Member

Sketchup : 8
    Windows XP SP2

I just switched to using windows when setting up the cuts on my design, that way i can use NCPlot to emulate my code without going outside to the shop..

Anyway: when i use multipass on my particular model i end up with code that repeats the same exact centerline cuts at least 4 times (exact, no difference in Z position at all).

When i don't use multipass, the code is fine, just one shot though so i don't feel too safe doing it..

Ive attached my sketchup model and the 2 different versions of produced code. If anyone needs more information I'm sure i can provide it.

I setup my "pockets" to be centerline cuts at 25% material thickness, and when used the multipass depth is 0.125

Thanks Attached files 07_with_half_pockets.skp (189.6 KB)Â combatpass_no_multipass.cnc (11.2 KB)Â combatpass_with_multipass.cnc (32.6 KB)Â

2. truehybridx

truehybridx New Member

I did fix my model by redoing the my pocket cuts and now multi pass isn't a problem now, but it was a curious problem

3. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Thank you for the update to this problem truehybridx :good:
    SketchUcam still has lots of little bugs in it and hopefully as people post what they find we will be able to fix them in future releases.
    Mark and Trish