1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

My first Posted Design

Discussion in '* Scratch Built Section *' started by Klondar, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Klondar

Klondar Member

Ok, so this is my first posted design A quick and dirty extra 300. I haven't mastered gluing them together into pretty 3d pictures yet but I'm sure with time I can get that worked out as well.

This one has not yet flown but was designed to use a BW style CD rom motor, 3s 1000ma battery and the hxt900 servos.

I have several other more seasoned models I am mulling over posting in the near future.

These files are posted for personal, non-commercial use. But I would be open to a share and share alike arrangement...

-Glen Attached files extra300-j.cnc (23.5 KB)Â extra300a-j.skp (489.5 KB)Â

2. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

Hey Klondor,
    Nice design.

I went ahead and added the 3dmodel for you....I was bored :) .
    Here is the .skp file with the added 3d model.

Attached files [​IMG] extra300a-j.skp (785 KB)Â

3. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Sweet! great job guys! I love the built up look for the nose section and then it blends down to become a KF!
    Mark

4. Klondar

Klondar Member

Thanks 3D,
    I wish I could pull the 3d's together like that,

The built up nose adds ALOT of strength as do the doubler on the wings. We've done a Yak the same way and it's one of the best plane we fly.

-Glen

5. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

Putting your model into 3d like that was easier than you might think. Easiest trick is to work the parts as groups (or components). With yours being done for 1/4 inch, just use the push pull tool on each part and type in .250 in box (that gets each part to the right thickness). Then use the move tool to rotate the group and position it where it needs to go.

I agree the doublers do add a lot of strength. I did that to the front of a 3d plane I designed and it worked great.

6. 7up

7up Moderator Staff Member

Nice job, thanks for sharing. :D

7. matt_o_70

matt_o_70 Member

I am trying to rework this for 1/16" bit.

But... I get a number of errors I have not seen before. When I open the file SU tells me that "this model appears to be marked up in ver 0.918 of PhlatscripT and upgrading will remove all grouping. Would you like to upgrade it now?" I click yes & It reports upgrade complete but then when I try to generate the gcode.. It then gives me the same message and aborts the gcode generation due to the update.

If i say no to the update - and generate the gcode the output file looks ok except that all my Z cuts are not deep enough ? the material thickness is at .250" but all Z axis cuts are very small values?

Compatability issue converting with newer & older versions of phlatscript - I am using SU 7.0.8657 and latest phlatscript installed?

8. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Matt, you may want to allow it to do the upgrade when you load it and then save it under a different file name. I would even go into the SketchUcam parameters and hit OK just to be sure that it see everything before saving it. If this does not work you may have to rework it :shock:
    Its been a while since this code was made and a lot of updating has taken place.
    Hope this works out for you.
    Mark and Trish