1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Need a camcorder?

Discussion in 'General Talk Forum' started by Jnida63, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Jnida63

Jnida63 Member

2. meistertek

meistertek Member

That's a pretty good price on the Kodak HD camera.

I have been using a Aiptek A-HD+ HD camera that I bought at Walgreen's, yes that's right WALGREEN'S! The really great thing is this camera is on clearance and is now $75.00 http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=306626&navAction=jump&navCount=0&nug=VPD&skuid=sku3907719&id=prod3908870

Walgreen's has the specs wrong it's actually 720p @ 60 FPS and 1080p @ 30 FPS. I love this camera, it works great for ground, aerial and ground to air HD video and has a fixed focus so it's not hunting to focus all the time. You can see some of the video I have taken with the Aiptek A-HD+ below and see for yourself if the camera is worth $75.00:

[vimeo]http://www.vimeo.com/5121596[/vimeo]
    [vimeo]http://www.vimeo.com/5164339[/vimeo]
    Attached files [​IMG]

3. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

Hey meistertek,

That's a standard A-HD unit that walgreen has on clearance, not the "plus" version. So their specs are probably right. Still not a bad deal, especially since my old p4 computer doesn't play HD movies that well.

-Kwok

4. meistertek

meistertek Member

Kwok,
    I swear it's an A-HD+
    :lol: I just bought another one of these advertised cameras and it really is an A-HD+, see the photos below. If you look closely the Walgreen's system lists the camera as an A-HD not a A-HD+, but the actual product scanned is really an A-HD+.

The girl selling it to me at Walgreen's said they are trying to get rid of their stock of these cameras, and re-instated the sale price as you can see from my receipt. I think they are trying to make room for the new Aiptek HD GVS 1080P which is going to be $249.99, ouch! Like you said though, even if it is just a A-HD without the plus it's still a good deal, although I haven't seen any non-plus units at my local Walgreen's only pluses.

I don't know how long the sale is going to last but it sure is a good deal not to miss out on!
    Attached files [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

Oh, darn you! :shock: Now, I am going to have to go to Walgreen tomorrow and check it out. Possibly buy one and then need a new computer to fully enjoy the high def. ;) Believe it or not, after watching your movies, yesterday, I went and download 1.7gig of raw stock movies and pic, to check out. Thanks for the heads up.

-Kwok

6. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

Hum, I think the sale is gone. :cry: Don't show it anymore on the link.

7. meistertek

meistertek Member

Kwok,

I just checked the link and they did change the price back to $150 darn! You know what though, last night at my Walgreen's they still had the yellow sign for $75 posted, so maybe that's why they gave me the price, maybe you'll get as lucky and your Walgeen's will have the sign posted too, or maybe they'll put it back on sale soon?

8. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

Walgreen is out of my way, so I called them up today. Seems the sale was over on the 20th. No biggie. There should be even better stuff on future clearances. I bought a refubrushed flip ultra, recently real cheap, so I'am not really in desperate need for video camera.