1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Need Help (what's new?)

Discussion in 'General Talk Forum' started by el chucko, Nov 26, 2012.

1. el chucko

el chucko New Member

Overnight, for some unknown reason, my Mach 3 went haywire. I cannot load any of my projects. Well, they load I guess but there is nothing in the window to show the cut route. The area only shows the shape of my assigned cutting area and nothing else. Anyone have any ideas of what might have gone missing here? Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.

Chuck
    ...somewhere in Indiana... :fugly:

2. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Interesting Chuck I am not sure what it could have been. I am primarily using CNCUSB for my machines, but if it happened overnight my first guess is it may have been a Windows update?
    Maybe one of the guyz here using Mach will be able to shed a little light on this.
    Mark and Trish

3. el chucko

el chucko New Member

Thanks for the reply Mark. I am baffled. It seems like Mach3 is working and the files are getting in there but no cut lines appear on any of the projects I have in the file. One question, when I open Mach3 and click on to open a project, what should it say at the top of the window that comes up..."G Code" or "projects" or whatever other options there are? Hope somebody is still working in Mach3. A friend did a disk cleanup for me using some download and now I wonder if part of what I used in Mach3 got erased (I am thinking about Phlatscript or something here). Guess I am pretty much out of date. I am still cutting out some planes and autogyros (or at least I WAS until today). I finally designed and created a two-blad single rotor gyro that actually flies pretty well. Mark II is working fine when running. Hope you and Trish had a good Thanksgiving.

Chuck

4. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

Chuck, I'm not sure what you want me to look up. I clicked 'load g-code' both in the default screen and in the phlatprinter screen.

It may be a bit of a pain, but can you uninstall Mach3 and reinstall it?

5. el chucko

el chucko New Member

Yoram...thanks. I beat my brains out a bit earlier today and finally manged to get the cut patch to show up. I am not totally sure what I did but I think I did just what you said and when I finally clicked the right source to load from, it worked. Sorry to have troubled anyone with this, but I am getting old and sometimes there is a circuit failure somewhere. I appreciate your suggestion and did consider reloading Mach3 but did not relish the idea. Thanks again and here's hoping you enjoy the upcoming holidays.

Mark...thanks to to again. Have not been in touch in awhile but I am still out here, still learning things about Sketchup and have managed to design and build some good flying airplanes thanks to your machine and help.

Chuck
    ...somewhere in INdiana...

6. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

No problem Chuck I wish I could have been more of a help :oops:
    Your too kind my friend :good:
    Mark and Trish