1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Need help with cutting problem

Discussion in 'General Talk Forum' started by Chuck, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Chuck

Chuck New Member

After a hard=disc crash, I finally got my PC up and working and thanks to Mark got MachIII and the Phlatprinter working. After calibrating the machine I thought I would make a test cut, loaded a CNC file and a sheet of blue FFF. The cut was going beautifully until it suddenly stopped about three quarters through the project. I look at the computer screen and noticed immediately that the printer stopped because the blue cut lines stopped. The entire project did not appear on the screen. Thinking I had a defective disk, I tried another, and another, and another and the situation continues to be the same. Projects I have cut before now will only go to about three quarters through and then the machine stops because there is no cut path beyond that point on the screen. I do not have a clue where to look for the solution to this problem and am hoping somebody out there can give me a few suggestions as to what to look at the solve the problem. The line by line Gcode goes beyond where the cutting stops, but something shuts it down. Any ideas would be sorely appreciated as I have been shut down for a number of weeks now.

Thanks...

Chuck in Indiana

2. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

Sounds like Mach is running as a demo version. Did you put your serial # in?

3. Chuck

Chuck New Member

Wow. No I did not. I am not certain where I might find this serial number or cannot recall anything that asked me to provide it. I have the MachIII disk from the dude in Nova Scotia but I don't think I reloaded that one. I just loaded up the Phlatboyz discs. I gotta look into this idea. Hey...thanks for the quick reply. Always appreciated! If I can figure out how to do this, I will let you know.

Chuck
    ...somewhere in Indiana...

4. Chuck

Chuck New Member

Oops, forgot to ask. If I find the correct Mach III disc and load it will I lose all the setup that is in Mach III or will it leave that alone and just add what I don't have? By now all should know that computer operation is not one of my high points.

Chuck

5. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

If you try to install again I am not sure if it will get rid of your settings file. All you should need to do is input your serial number in to get past the 500 line demo version. If you do this all your settings will still be there.

You can also save the settings file and import it back if it does get deleted.

6. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Chuck you need to put your Mach1Lic.dat (emailed to you) file in your C:/Mach3 directory and that will unlock the code limit. You can check to make sure you have it by going to the Help > About in the menu and if its in there you will see your name under the licensed to
    I will be glad to walk you though this if you need me to, just give a call when you can.
    Mark and Trish

7. Chuck

Chuck New Member

3DMON, Mark, thanks! I found my Mach III disc and found where it was licensed to me and then copied that into Mach III which was already installed and IT WORKED!!!! I am good to go now I think. No time at the moment (Dr. appointment) to try another cut but every project loaded is complete now and I see no reas it wouldn't work. Man am I glad I asked the question on here. Oh, not trusting PC's anymore, I digitally photographed each and every set up screen in Mach and am saving all the photos so I can look and see what was checked before if I need it again. It may be the "old fashioned" way, but I did in anyhow. Thanks again to both of you.

Chuck

8. rcav8r

rcav8r Moderator Staff Member

Chuck;
    Glad you got the issue quickly and easily sorted out.

Just an FYI, if using XP you can do an ALT-PrtScn to take a "snapshot" of the screen. Then open MSPAINT, and CTL-V (to paste). Now save as a JPG ( BMP is the default to creates too large of a file). Or you can,carefully, download screen grabbing utilities.

Or if you have Win Vista, or 7, use the included snipping tool. With this tool you can capture only the areas you want.

You can also print out of these utilities if you want a hard copy for the old belt and suspenders approach.

9. Chuck

Chuck New Member

Rv8r, thanks. Mark was telling me there is a way to print the screen and he mentioned Paint. Now that you have outlined it so clearly I will give that a try. I appreciate all the help and suggestion. Incidentally, how did you know I wore belt and suspenders?

Chuck
    ...somewhere in Indiana...