1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Need help with plugin

Discussion in 'SketchUcam Help' started by Navop, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Navop

Navop New Member

Ok d/l the new version of phlatscript/sketchUcam, installed ok

but when I go to parameter the box appears with all the squares where you input
    the info, but their is no comments/ description of what the box on the left is for

I've done a screen shot of what I mean Attached files [​IMG]

2. jovian

jovian Member

Sorry i missed this before. Have you tried uninstalling all versions then reinstalling the one you want?If this still occurs let me know and we will check for some particular files. Has anyone else seen this?

3. theothers

theothers Administrator Staff Member

This is a strange error. Are you using a Mac? I know that Macs have problem with the web dialog windows. Maybe this is the case? Also, what version of SketchUp are you using? We use SketchUp 7 but we know it to work in SketchUp 8 as well. We think jovian has the right idea, uninstall and then reinstall. Then, check to see that you have these files in the proper place: Google > Google SketchUp 7 > Resources > en-US > (PhlatBoyz.strings).

And also in Google > Google SketchUp 7 > Tools > you should have a (Phlatboyz folder) as well as the file (Phlatboyztools.rb)

Just double check to see that all of the files were installed in the correct place.

4. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

I forgot about this post until you've just mentioned it. I went through the constant.rb yesterday and saw this there:
    Maybe that will be the solution.

5. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

I forgot about that too Yoram.. good find! :good:
    Mark and Trish

6. juju7

juju7 New Member

Hello i am using vista i have sketchup8 installled also the phlatscript addon and have been using it fine i have tried to use it today and have also got a blank dialog box with no fields or values just white boxes. i have tried to uninstall all and re-install but still the same? can eny one help me?

7. kram242

juju7 you could try what TigerPilot posted above it may help
    Open your constant.rb file with a notepad editor and find the line that says
    [pre]# -------------------------
    # PhlatScript Features
    # -------------------------

# Set this to true if you have problems with the parameter dialog being blank or crashing SketchUP
    Use_compatible_dialogs = false[/pre]

Change the false to true and save it right over the old one. Open SU and see if this helped
    Mark and Trish

8. bobt

bobt New Member

I am also having a problem installing the the phlatscript on Sketchup 8 version 8.0.14346 that I just downloaded last night. I also downloaded the latest Phlatscript from here. The files appear to be in the correct locations as I have been able to determine from searching this site. BUT when I fire up Sketchup and look in windows/proferences/extensions it is not listed at all. It appears that there is some controlling file now in control of the extensions because other items from the tools and resources directories are listed. I am at a loss as to what the problem is at this time.

Machine
    OS - Windows 7 Home Preminum
    Sketchup 8 8.0.14346
    Phlatscript 0.918 which is what I just loaded from this site.

Bob Teeter

9. kram242

Hi Bob,
    There was talk of them adding some type of new plugin handler. I am not sure how it works
    Your best bet would be to download this version of SketchUp (7.1)
    http://www.phlatforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=96&t=440#p3251
    until we can get a look at why its not working with the latest version of 8
    Hope this helps
    Mark and Trish