1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

New User - Dremel Spindle

Discussion in 'SketchUcam Help' started by Boarder101, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Boarder101

Boarder101 New Member

Hi all,

I cannot tell you how happy I am to have found SketchUCam - ive been banging my head against the wall all week trying to decide/understand what workflow I need to take parts im designing in SketchUp (and currently 3d printing) and cut them out on the micro mill ive just built (using scraps in my office)

Anyway - Ive got it all installed, and am in the process of watching YouTube videos to learn more about it.

Im using a dremel with a flex-shaft and hoping to mill some parts from Acetal/Delrin.

Is anyone using this setup and can give some recommendations/profiles for various things such as Feed Rate, Plunge Depth, etc etc?

Really excited to get started with all this!

Josh

2. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

Josh, I have used in the past the flex-shaft. I upgraded to a direct drive brushless motor. I don't have any different speed setting on the brushless than I did on the flex-shaft. I don't know the RPM that I use I just use the sound that the motor is making to determent how high/low to set the RPM.

Generally, on thin bits, 1/16 or less, I go high speed and on thicker bits I go slower. Try a cut and see if it melts the Delrin or breaks the bit or what ever. Start with a shallow depth of cut (DoC) and see what your machine can do.

3. Boarder101

Boarder101 New Member

Cheers, I shall do just that!