1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Oh Happy Day!

Discussion in 'General Talk Forum' started by filthybeast, Mar 24, 2009.

1. filthybeast

filthybeast New Member

My parts are startin to come in and Im gettin ready to build my phlatprinter :p
    Im very impressed so far & dont even have it together yet, Thanks! Mark & Trish for the awesome work. Being creatures of a limited lifespan our time is the most precious thing u can give to someone, & im sure a lot of time went in to this project, I thank you! My finger tips thank u LOL, Im hell with a hobby knife :roll: , maybe I can start painting my planes with other colors than red :lol:

Seriosly, the part I hated the most was tapeing the pages together, no matter how carefull I was I still managed to get them missaligned, not gonna miss it.

Thanks again!,

Fred

2. rjarois

rjarois Moderator Staff Member

filthybeast, one word of advice......take your time building your phlatty....dont rush things, and do alot of reading in the mod section before starting build....for sure make the top and the control side cover removeable, randy.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

Absolutely!
    1) read all the sections that show off the modifications some of us have done,
    2) study the photos,
    3) ask questions and
    4) take your time to build it square. :D

4. theothers

theothers Administrator Staff Member

filthybeast, thank you for the compliment. We absolutely love doing this.

We used to tape paper plans together, cut them out by hand, and then try to fly the plane only to find out the wings should be a little longer or the CG was off. How frustrating and what a waste of time that was.

No more! Now with the Phlatprinter, you can just tweak your design in Sketchup and print another one. Without cutting your fingertips lol. After you have your design perfect, paint the plane any color you want.

Great advise rjarois and Dorsal.

Thanks

Mark and Trish