1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Orbit and Pan

Discussion in 'Sketchup Help' started by TigerPilot, Apr 11, 2009.

1. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

I was pressing the mouse wheel to orbit and instead it panned. I tried to do it again and found out that if you press with one finger the wheel and hold it down and then press the left button, it changes from orbit to pan. No need to press shift. Let go of the left button but keep the wheel pressed and it orbits.

Yoram

2. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

Do you have a button under your wheel? What kind of mouse is that? :?:

3. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

My Logitech mouse has the middle wheel that you can scroll, press down, and the wheel tilts from side to side.
    Nice find on not needing to use the shift button for that Tiger.

4. 66tbird

66tbird Moderator Staff Member

I have the same wheel type and remap my Logitech to suit my needs per app. Makes going back to a standard mouse frustrating to say the least. I've always had trouble with the 'press with one finger the wheel and hold it down and then press the left button' trick. so I mapped pan to the left wheel tilt. I also invert the zoom in SU. Just makes more sense to roll away or pull in.

Wish i had one of these again
    http://cgi.ebay.com/3D-Connexions-Space-Pilot-3D-Mouse-Motion-A0474227-CAD_W0QQitemZ260382930590QQcmdZViewItemQQptZPCA_Mice_Trackballs?hash=item260382930590&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

5. TigerPilot

It's just a regular mouse with the wheel in the middle and a button on either side of the wheel. I use one finger to scroll the wheel and another to click the left button. I found out about this option when I by mistake pressed the wheel form the side and ended up pressing the button too, with the same finger.

Yoram

6. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

I thought this was a common feature. I can recommend this microsoft mouse from micro center, ~$17. It's also got two side buttons on each side. The white area on the sides. Those buttons, you can use to go forward and back a page, on your internet browser. I can't live without that feature, now!
    http://www.microcenter.com/single_produ ... id=0256804

-Kwok

7. TigerPilot

After thinking a bit about your question I realize that I too thought that a switch under the mouse wheel was common in the optical mice. All of mine had it. Can you orbit with your mouse without clicking on the orbit icon by pressing on the wheel, Dennis? That's one of the shortcuts mentioned a long time ago in a thread detailing the shortcuts in SU.

Yoram

8. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

Well, I have a Trackball Explorer, so I guess I'm just thinking backwards - I thought you were talking about a button under the BALL.
    Yes, I have a button under the scroll-wheel, but mine is set for double-click. I guess, if I knew what function your switch is set to, I could define one of the other 4 buttons on mine to do the same. :roll: